Muzzle Brake for Howa Superlite .308

I got a Howa Superlite in 308 last year as a project gun. The barrel has an overall diameter of 0.578”, I’m having trouble finding a muzzle brake that will accommodate a barrel that small. I wanted to use an Area 419 hellfire 2 port but the minimum barrel diameter for that brake is 0.6” and they said that difference is too big for it to still be compatible. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brake with that kind of diameter?

sdupontjr

WKR
Check Muzzle brakes and more. I put one of theirs on my Tikka T3x 7mag and had barrel threaded to 9/16-24. They also carry 1/2-28. But I'll be honest, even at 1/2-28 and a 30 cal, you don't have alot of meat at the end of the barrel. Give them your info and they will shoot you straight.

OP
droptine818
I wound up going with a snowy rifles brake. They discontinued their 2 port so I am going to put the 3 port on and see how it looks- might just shoot it without one in the end

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
The Anarchy titanium brake is $70. They work well for a radial brake.
The OD is larger than the barrel but that is not a problem.

Call howa and have them send you the one that should have come with the gun.

OP
droptine818
The one I bought wasn’t advertised as coming with a brake but I’ll give them a call and see if it should have been. Definitely would make things easier

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
From my understanding when they were first introduced to the market they didn't include a brake but now they do. Mine came with one.
That is awesome 👏
Mine has been a good shooting little rig