MTNTOUGH On-Ramp Program

Finished the bodyweight on-ramp and started the minimal gear on-ramp next.. planning on doing the minimal gear foundations next. Not sure what program I'll do after that - maybe just start doing their MGD workouts.

Not sure how you guys feel about it, but I tend to prefer the coached workouts rather than self-guided.
I prefer the coached workouts too. If I write a workout on my white board its ok and I'll do it but I like the coached workouts much better.

Alright so I finished Bodyweight On Ramp last week, was going to jump into the 30-30 2.0 but first day called for pull ups and A.) I dont have a pull up bar B.) I am too heavy for pull ups. Is there a work around for these? Like putting some weight on a step up box while doing the pull ups once I get a bar? What bar do people suggest, or do I just jump to a squat rack that has one built in?

For the mean time I started Min Gear On Ramp which said step up box and dumbbells which I do have. And the Go Wild challenge for days in between. I do like all the options of programs you guys have!

I can't answer your first question about the workaround, but as far as a pullup bar goes, I went the easy/cheap/minimal route for now. I work out in an unfinished basement so mine is able to be screwed into the floor joists (rather than mounted on the wall), so I made one just like this..

1705512600852.png

I have a welder and access to metal so I can't see myself paying for one, but I didn't feel like building one just yet and/or attaching it to the wall since I may want to move it in the future.

IDShane

WKR
Finished the bodyweight on-ramp and started the minimal gear on-ramp next.. planning on doing the minimal gear foundations next. Not sure what program I'll do after that - maybe just start doing their MGD workouts.

Not sure how you guys feel about it, but I tend to prefer the coached workouts rather than self-guided.
I also prefer the coached ones it is easier for this old man to stay on top of things.

I just completed the beginning on ramp course. Crazy how good of a work out you can get with no equipment. Good stuff

Just signed up for the 14 day trial (missed the fact that its 30 for Roksliders) and the wife and are starting out on the nutritional videos and will work up to the on ramp and beyond with the paid subscription.

Looks to be a great program to get you moving and motivated and get results.

A number of weeks in and I am definitely happy with the program. I did a week of bodyweight on-ramp then the minimal gear on ramp once I got the requisite gear. I'm now in the first week of the minimal gear foundation program. It is going great thus far.

However, my question is incorporating distance/endurance cardio. In the on-ramp programs, I would just run on the two off days. For the daily programs, how have others incorporated this kind of cadio? I"m not training for anything crazy - just like getting some miles in a few days a week. I try to get a longer run in during the weekends but those are busy with kids/family, hunting, camping, etc. so I like to focus my workouts during the workweek. I'm going to try some running before the workouts to see how I feel. I've tried afterwards and my legs are just not up for it. Just wondering if/how others are incorporating any running in the program?

IDShane

WKR
I am up to the minimal gear daily now. I also do the minimal gear mobility prior to the daily. My schedule is I do Monday through Thursday I take Friday off. On Saturday's I ride my Airdyne bike for 11 miles and approximately 400 calories along with some heavy dumbell curling. On Sunday I do Fridays minimal gear daily & mobility and repeat the week.