MTN OPS Ammo mixing?

MThuntr

WKR
What are you guys that are using MTN OPS Ammo mixing it with or are you going plain?

I started Day 1 today and had Ammo with a small sandwich for lunch and was curious if mixing it with juice or something helps give it a bit of flavor. It reminded me of thin cream of wheat with a very slight sweet vanilla flavor that might be good with a plain almond/soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant so no real milk for me)

As a side note I was surprised how full I feel now about 1hr after drinking it...probably should have had half of a small sandwich instead.

I drink it plain. At first it was weird tasting, but just the other day I drank some of my old protein (ON 100% whey chocolate) and it was so sweet tasting I could hardly choke it down. For me it was an acquired taste that happened pretty quickly, now I love it.

Ceby7

Lil-Rokslider
It's really good mixed in pancakes

Packet Bare oatmeal
Handful crunched walnuts
Scoop Ammo protein
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1 egg
1/4C almond milk
Enough liquid egg whites to get right consistency

Fry 1 big pancake in a little coconut oil and top with blueberries

Delicious!

Trr15

WKR
I started it a week ago and have just been mixing it with plain almond milk. I actually like the flavor and agree that it is surprisingly filling.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I second the pancakes. Very good. I also take it straight. At first I didn't care for it but now it's really good. Like bright white said, other proteins are now too sweet.

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
Wow I like the pancake idea! I discovered that while I was full with Ammo this early in the game I didn't get enough calories for my afternoon workout and crashed...hard It took a solid hour to regain my composure. Looks like it may become breakfast with a good lunch.

ppreston

FNG
So far I've been very happy with Ammo, and have been typically mixing with 8-10oz of chocolate soy milk. Would be interesting to mix in some PB2 for an added peanut butter flavor.

Though, I haven't used Ammo for pancakes, I have used other whey protein powders and have really liked the results. I usually mix two bananas and a half cup of protein power and then cook with either ghee or coconut oil (be careful with cooking temps!), and if I want to be adventurous I will add nuts, berries, and / or chocolate to the mix. Ceby7's recipe looks like it is a winner...

jgeary338

Lil-Rokslider
try the vanilla with orange juice in the morning, tastes like a dreamsicle! The pancake recipe sounds great!

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
try the vanilla with orange juice in the morning, tastes like a dreamsicle! The pancake recipe sounds great!

I had some V8 Peach/Strawberry Refresher Stuff in the fridge that I mixed and it was pretty dang good. I'm going to look for an alternative without sugar.

After 3 days, I can't say I don't like any of the MTN OPS products but don't know what the Renu is supposed to actually do. It was part of the package so I'll continue to take it.

ethan

WKR
I have never been able to stomach any protein shakes with water. I use regular milk, but the almond milk sounds tasty!