MT Unlimited Sheep "Safety Network"

kad11

WKR
I've got a MT unlimited ram tag this year and will most likely be going at it alone. I'm wondering if there is anyone else in a similar situation that would be interested in exchanging contact info? It might be nice to have a small network of guys that will be up there in case someone gets into a tight spot or needs some help; I know I would be more than happy to help a fellow hunter get a ram down to a trail. I'll have a cell phone, Delorme Inreach, and GPS with me so I would think communication could be fairly easy.

I also wouldn't be opposed to teaming up with someone if our hunting style and fitness matched up pretty well.

Shoot me a PM if you would be interested in something like this.

I will be in 300 for all 10 days ( though fully guided , packed in ) I think this kicks me out of the group as I dont think i would be at liberty to offer pack out or general assistance help . that being said , I will be on the mountain with all communication pieces and if I can be part of the group I would dig to chat . safety network included. let me know.

I haven't been up there since mid August. I busted my ankle opening weekend of archery and have been trying to let it heal up in preparation for rifle elk.

I have to say that I was humbled by the country in 501 when I was scouting this summer... I definitely wasn't able to move from spot to spot as quickly as I had hoped. Some of those boulder fields go on a long time...

Last edited:

The weather that blew in the day before opener was brutal. Lots of snow and fog. Made it hard to glass and sketchy to move around in a lot of places. I saw sheep but couldn't close the deal.

Back