MT High Country Mule Deer VIDEO

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the video of my 2011 mulie. I thought about editing out the miss, but figured the truth is the truth...

[video=youtube;qVMuNlitVug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVMuNlitVug&list=UU4cRVh7y8Rt6fTQCDfxJaFg&index=2&feature=plcp[/video]

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Great video BB, that was one tough buck! I would also like to know what camera was used, looked like pretty good video quality...

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, some are tougher than others, I think.

That first hit broke a shoulder and ripped through one lung, penetrated the ponch, and came to a rest under the skin just ahead of the offside rear quarter, where I recovered it fully expanded. The second hit (third shot ... uuugh) went right through the heart, turning it inside out, before getting some lung and exiting far side ribs. Third hit was double lung, through and through. Any of the three would have done the trick on their own. All three caused massive internal damage, but that guy still got up and ran, without a heart, and with a broken shoulder.

The camera was my little Sony WX-1 point and shoot on the 720P video setting. Footage digiscoped through the Razor 85HD. My setup is in the digiscoping thread.

The hunt was OTC public land.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
It took forever, and the velvet had some issues, but the end result is pretty good, IMO:

2011deermount.jpg

Hardstalk

WKR
Is that faux velvet? It looks good if so. I had some rubbing on the buck I took this year I told the taxi to attempt to faux the rubs. Im a lil worried. But yours looks good.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Faux. It was my understanding they have to strip all the velvet off and faux the whole thing.