MT High Country Mule Deer VIDEO

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome Matt! Good buck and a very nice mount.

I like the faux velvet better than the real. The real dries up and shrinks and can get bugs, too. The faux makes the buck look more like it really did on the hoof. If I get another velvet buck, I think I'll strip and and to the faux.

Please never edit out the misses- I don't want to be the only one.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Nice vid! I've never been a fan of fake velvet, but that's by far the best I've seen it look. Really nice work.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great video Matt, but I have to say you need a new back pack. (KIFARU) I don't (KIFARU) really have any(KIFARU) suggestions for you (KIFARU) but someone on this forum might. (KIFARU)

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Doug,

I am just finishing up an article on my longterm field testing of the Eberlestock Just One (like 6 years long). I am not giving that pack up. I do like my Kuiu Icon as well, and wish I had it for the packout on this deer hunt, but the old Eberle has been a very good pack for me, and it didn't cost $600.

I do think a Kifaru is in my future, I have some ideas for making good use out of a Duplex frame and some STS dry sacks.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
That duplex frame is the best, most comfortable frame made. That and a cargo panel or grab it will work nicely. I will give it some time, but after heavy loads with your Duplex frame you will be wanting a bag soon enough.

Aside from my totally neutral opinion, I ran that Eberlestock for several years and a year and some change on the Kuiu's first version. Neither were "bad" just not as good as Kifaru from my point of view.

I am also just harassing you.....

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am also just harassing you.....

Haha, yeah I know. I just hate to see what amounts to a pretty darn good product, IMO, getting some bad press when it is compared to packs twice or three times the price tag.

I really want to get my hands on a Kifaru for sure.