Moving to Idaho

IDVortex

WKR
California has a bigger black bear population than Idaho, without much spring bear hunting pressure, all 3 species of Elk, mule deer, black tail, hogs, upland bird and water fowl, and if you want cats, they also have a bigger selection of mountain lions. N California is conservative as well. Honestly don't understand why someone would not want to move there then this dumpster hole of a state I live in.

Better work opportunities, more money. Better family life.

IdahoBeav

WKR
If I had to do it over again, I'd do Idaho Falls. North Idaho is great, too, especially if you want to hunt local whitetails after work.

IDVortex

WKR
If I had to do it over again, I'd do Idaho Falls. North Idaho is great, too, especially if you want to hunt local whitetails after work.
A good friend of mine is shocked I could careless about whitetail. Only thing I hunt up here is bear and Elk. Deer I plan on going south lol.

IDVortex

WKR
Hunting mountain whitetails is a lot of fun.
I honestly have no desire in white tails. Mule deer is my thing.

But I presume it's due to learning hunting and first animal I killed was a muley.

And lastly, I feel i watched way to much whitetail hunting on the outdoor channel which was mostly blind or tree stand hunting and I'm not one to not move.
Even in L/E interviews it takes all energy and focus to not move.😂😂

IDVortex

WKR
That's a goal for me, a NI muley.
Considering one of our mods hunt NI and gets muleys, it's a chance. Who knows, instead of burning PTO and trying to chance of going to a area south for one I may try where I plan to elk hunt. Killing one up here would be a very rewarding experience.

I honestly have no desire in white tails. Mule deer is my thing.

But I presume it's due to learning hunting and first animal I killed was a muley.

And lastly, I feel i watched way to much whitetail hunting on the outdoor channel which was mostly blind or tree stand hunting and I'm not one to not move.
Even in L/E interviews it takes all energy and focus to not move.😂😂
Whitetail hunting the mountains is not even remotely close to the outdoor channel.

Still hunting. Rattling. Sitting rub lines and scrapes.

I grew up hunting mule deer. Learning to hunt mountain whiteys was humbling, challenging, and addictive.

IDVortex

WKR
Whitetail hunting the mountains is not even remotely close to the outdoor channel.

Still hunting. Rattling. Sitting rub lines and scrapes.

I grew up hunting mule deer. Learning to hunt mountain whiteys was humbling, challenging, and addictive.
I'll have to admit, it's what I imagine all white tail hunting in general, so I grouped it all together. Who knows, I may end up only hunting whiteys this year.

TheTone

WKR
Wherever you decide to move to don’t try and change it. At all. If you don’t like slow service, too bad, if you don’t like conservative ideas TOO BAD! This isn’t just for you, but anyone you bring along or anyone considering moving to MT WY ID.
I’ve seen most people moving here, especially in the north half of the state, to be more conservative than the locals. It’s been a rough transition for lots of areas

Real things people don’t necessarily know; the cost of living is higher than lots expect, house prices are going to stupid levels, taxes are surprisingly high and schools are poorly funded at the state level and don’t be surprised if you pay a high local school levy to make up a balance

IdahoBeav

WKR
A good friend of mine is shocked I could careless about whitetail. Only thing I hunt up here is bear and Elk. Deer I plan on going south lol.
Yeah, I don't hunt whitetail and skip on mules. I'd much rather hunt mules, but if I don't fill the general tag on a mule, it's nice to be able to use it on wt up north in Nov.

I will say, you can hunt wt like mules. Last year, I first spotted my buck at 700+ yards and got into position for a 250 yd shot.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk