Mountain Goat Want and Waste

Wingert

FNG

AK22083660​

Type: Wanton & Waste, Mountain Goat closed season

Dispatch Text:
On 8-12-2022, Ketchikan-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers received a report from a concerned citizen reporting an illegal mountain goat harvested on Achilles Mountain near Ketchikan. During AWT’s investigation, it was discovered that Brett Jatrinski, age 20 of Ketchikan, had shot and killed two mountain goats out of season and he failed to salvage any of the edible meat for either mountain goat. Jatrinksi was charged with two counts of Wanton and Waste and two counts of hunting closed season.

On 11-30-2022, Jatrinksi plead guilty to one count of Wanton and Waste and was sentenced to fourteen days in jail with seven days suspended, a $10,000 fine with $5,000 suspended, forfeiture of his rifle, three years of probation, and two years of hunting and fishing privileges suspended.

z987k

WKR
Wanton -
(of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked.
"sheer wanton vandalism"
And the troopers can't even get it right. You can't have an and after an adjective that modifies the noun.

They might as well have wrote "purple and flowers". What? Is purple an object now?

1b7d7224a7c4725075696626df61cede.jpg

On another note, apparently poaching and just eating the fine is cheaper than actually hunting.

luv2huntelk

Lil-Rokslider
Wanton -
"sheer wanton vandalism"
And the troopers can't even get it right. You can't have an and after an adjective that modifies the noun.

They might as well have wrote "purple and flowers". What? Is purple an object now?

View attachment 485238

On another note, apparently poaching and just eating the fine is cheaper than actually hunting.
Exactly. He got off much cheaper than the guided hunts in that unit. Plus if he kept the meat the sentence would have been much lighter as the wanton waste was the bulk of the punishment.

KHNC

WKR
Had some loser poach two does on my property in NC tuesday night and yesterday morning. Left them lying in the field to waste. DNR was able to salvage the meat and donate it before it spoiled. I heard the shots but didnt get out of bed to see what the hell was going on in middle of the night. Found them yesterday morning after hearing more shots at daylight. Probably wont be solved. No doe season in this part of NC right now, not to mention the shooting at night from a vehicle part.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
Wanton -
"sheer wanton vandalism"

View attachment 485238

"Wanton and Waste" has been really bothering me also. Especially coming from the troopers.

Wanton -
"sheer wanton vandalism"

View attachment 485238

wonton
wŏn′tŏn″

noun​

1. A noodle-dough dumpling filled typically with spiced minced pork or other ground meat, usually boiled in soup or fried and eaten as a side dish.
  2. A Chinese dumpling, often stuffed with varieties of meat or seafood and vegetables.
  3. a Chinese dumpling filled with spiced minced pork; usually served in soup

z987k

WKR
wonton
wŏn′tŏn″

noun​

1. A noodle-dough dumpling filled typically with spiced minced pork or other ground meat, usually boiled in soup or fried and eaten as a side dish.
  2. A Chinese dumpling, often stuffed with varieties of meat or seafood and vegetables.
  3. a Chinese dumpling filled with spiced minced pork; usually served in soup
Like said above there's a meme here for the English deficient.

A wonton next to a garbage can.

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Wonder if that kid was also a coast guard memeber?? Clean shaven, clean cut, and I think I can see the stupid mustache
0d836c9ac7cd4280b348cd2987224aea.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Andrewdk

FNG
Wonder if that kid was also a coast guard memeber?? Clean shaven, clean cut, and I think I can see the stupid mustache

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

He is.. not sure what the outcome will be on the UCMJ side for him.

Im not attached to his unit, word traveled around quick on base. I don't like to speculate, but Id imagine its not going to go over well for him on the military side. The district Admiral that oversees all Alaska Coast Guard units specifically released a directive pertaining to Coast Guard personnel hunting in Alaska while stationed here, reminding us that it is a privilege and not a right among other things.

Needless to say, it was clearly ignored by this individual. Its a waterfall effect too; blatant idiocy and disregard for local laws and regulations always ends up reflecting poorly on the Coast Guard as a whole based on one person's misguided actions.