Motorola Defy Satellite Link

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't seem significantly cheaper than inReach.
My unlimited plan is only a few dollars more than the 300 messages per month plan?? But May m missing something?

ThrottleJ

FNG
I have one. I like how compact it is. There is a big problem though. If you send a message and the message recipient doesn't have the proprietary app running in the background on their phone they will not get your message or any indication that a message was sent.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
Last year there was a article about Musk and T-Mobile offering a phone to Starlink that was going to do text initially then voice shortly thereafter. The cell tower line of sight thing is going the way of the 218 Bee.

My Motorola Defy link is still active, the new owners are continuing the service. However I want to change my subscription from the essential plan that was included to a more inclusive plan but this has proven to be difficult to find any customer service for my device since changing ownership.
Does anyone have RCD 2023 Limited's (the new ownerships) contact number? Aside from what is on Bullits website.

bat-cave

WKR
I have used the Spot, then In Reach and now the Zoleo. Each was an incremental upgrade (IMHO). This looks cool, but I did see a review that pointed out that the SOS button isn't protected and could easily be triggered by accident. I have yet to hold one to see if I agree, but if it's that easy that could be a costly mistake!

The SOS button is exposed and a stupid design. I used the handle of a plastic knife to cover the button and duct taped over it without any issue.

Just got off the phone with Antony at Bullitt. I submitted a support ticket with my phone number asking for a call and they replied next business day.
The new ownership is definitely improving the service, planning on expanding to new countries, Australia, NZ, Mexico...Hawaii and Alaska were just added.
I was in for $150 (including Motorola Defy device) for an entire year of satellite messaging. I just upgraded to the Freedom plan for $55 annually for 250 messages and unlimited SOS. I don't think Garmin or Zoleo can compete with that.

Easy fix to cover SOS button.

Attachments

• 17244320149678686468329145496673.jpg
    17244320149678686468329145496673.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 12

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Musk was saying the other day that his current sat-to-cell operations can send emergency messages to any phone...So this means if att and verizon wanted to play ball musk could have all cell signal routed through his sats... but i doubt that will ever happen.

It will be nice to see how the t-mobile version works once all the lawsuits from att/verizon are over.