Moose Scent Lure

I did a quick google search and there isn’t a ton of info on moose attractants. I hunt in AK so it needs to be synthetic. Curious what y’all think about them and perhaps use.

I did a quick google search and there isn’t a ton of info on moose attractants. I hunt in AK so it needs to be synthetic. Curious what y’all think about them and perhaps use.

No experience with moose scent attractants (this is my first year hunting moose), however, I quit using them all together when I put out a whitetail doe estrus’s attractant by a company in a blue bottle that claims to be from a single doe and watched two deer get down wind and instantly go on high alert and leave the area. One was a shooter 10 right under my tree stand. Had he not caught wind of it he would have taken the last two steps needed to clear a cedar limb and I’d have his skull euro’d in my house

And yes, it was the rut when I used it. I watched the same 10 from a distance chasing and harassing a doe the afternoon before.

Maybe someone else has some insight on how it works on moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

907 bait em sells some. Their bear stuff is great (friends have used it) and I bought some of the moose stuff once. Poured it all over and near my camp. Busted a hole in my boat and almost didn’t make it back to the launch. So…no idea if it actually worked. Most three bears sell their products.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Odor is not what attracts a moose, it's sound. They stink sometimes, but you want an attractant use a big stick against a tree and break dry branches.