Moose in the yard

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
I kinda like to do moose calls while I'm working around the house. Have seen 2 cows come through. Be real nice if a legal bull would come in. But sure doesn't hurt to have a cow hanging around. They usually attract a bull or several. This cow has been enjoying cleaning up the garden eating the pea vines and cabbage. 20240918_162852.jpg

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
Couldn’t imagine living somewhere where you can see moose let alone in your back yard. Would be really cool.
I’m stuck in the Midwest with just whitetail.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
The video link that doesn't work that @Steve300xcw posted is truly amazing. Just wow. Thanks for posting it.

Amd the Mom in the video is beyond annoying.

Eddie

P.S. And I know moose are big animals, but seeing in this setting really drives their HUGE size home.

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
It seems that at least once a year, a moose wanders into Boise. They generally follow the Boise river through the city and sometimes into Eagle, north of Boise.

OP
A

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Wow that lady has a lot of faith in luck ! I can say that I've done some questionable things with moose but have been around them for over 45 years.
I am blessed that we can have the moose around to watch and for me to study. I practice different moose sounds and watch how they react. I the winter after we get some snow having moose in the yard is a daily thing. The first thing that you do when you walk out the door is to look for moose. We had a calf that broke the door to our hay shed down and took up residence last year. Too bad because moose eat the hay but can't digest it. And it died. It was given to a dog musher to salvage.
I've had the opportunity to take our 7 and 6 year old grandson out hunting with me. Really great to be in the bush with the kids. Our 7 year old could do a real good moose call since he was 3 years old.