Montana Rifle Company Junction 308Win Field Evaluation

JKE_352

FNG
Forgive me if I’ve missed this being covered, but what is with the fascination with a DBM on a true hunting rifle? I’ve got nothing against ones that work, I just ordered another tikka infact. Personally though I prefer a proper floor plate, especially in a standard diameter cartridge where you can get 5+1.

Forgive me if I’ve missed this being covered, but what is with the fascination with a DBM on a true hunting rifle? I’ve got nothing against ones that work, I just ordered another tikka infact. Personally though I prefer a proper floor plate, especially in a standard diameter cartridge where you can get 5+1.

If you spend any time shooting it or loading/unloading it, its much more convenient.

I'd much prefer a truly flush fit DBM like exists on Xbolts and Sakos though for a pure hunting rifle.

I've always felt the same way. I don't load/unload a hunting rifle enough for it to matter to me. Personal preference I suppose.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

When correctly done:

1) More reliable

2) Malfunctions are much faster/easier to clear

3) Loading and unloading is easier/faster

4) Reloading or rolling off is much easier and faster

5) Increased capacity

With good flush fit detachable mags made now, there is no functional advantage to blind magazines especially, nor to BDL/floor-plates.