Montana Rifle Company Junction 308Win Field Evaluation

atmat

WKR
I never carried a spoon, but there was absolutely no peacetime mission that required missing lunch, and very few wartime missions either.

It was also nice being able to stand up and go pee in two of the three planes, and I REALLY missed that feature one flight when I had just got strapped into a T-38 for a student contact sortie and realize that I had to go pee. We we flew our 1.1 hour sortie pulling Gs and practicing landings.

When we taxied back into the chocks, I told the student that I wasn't mad at him and he did fine on the sortie, but I REALLY had to go pee so I was going to emergency ground where and run the the line shack. Usually when an IP quickly got out of the jet it was because the student had done something very bad, so I had to let my student know that wasn't the case.....

Also, I didn't ever have to wear a poopy suit while flying, like I am sure @BjornF16 did.....
Hey. Less typing and more Rokstock building.

(Just kidding thank you for your service)

atmat

WKR
My uncle flew A1s in Viet Nam. They are some of the most amazing stories I’ve ever heard, but it takes a little digging to get them out.

Thank you for your service.
I think all the time about how amazing war stories to me are often terrible memories for those involved.

Can’t imagine what folks went through in Vietnam.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Had to tweak the bedding and pillars to remove a bit of contact, but it’s done now

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1171.jpeg

Also discovered another DD can that a rifle hates. Top three groups are with a CGS can, bottom strung group is the DD can.
IMG_1173.jpeg

Zeroed with FGMM and trued with Federal 168gr TMK.

IMG_1172.jpeg

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Had to tweak the bedding and pillars to remove a bit of contact, but it’s done now

View attachment 755762

View attachment 755763

Also discovered another DD can that a rifle hates. Top three groups are with a CGS can, bottom strung group is the DD can.
View attachment 755765

Zeroed with FGMM and trued with Federal 168gr TMK.

View attachment 755764
That's a pretty sweet looking rifle! Too bad swfa doesn't make a fixed 4x milquad. That's all I'd need for 99% of the hunting I do!

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
That's a pretty sweet looking rifle! Too bad swfa doesn't make a fixed 4x milquad. That's all I'd need for 99% of the hunting I do!

A 4x SWFA would be great.

@Formidilosus your suppressor wrap looks a wee bit melted. Do you replace the wrap after melting or just use it as is?

Thats just vet wrap. When it gets too torn up, I’ll wrap a new one on.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Watched the other videos in Post 6. Bad ass. That looks really smooth and extraction looks excellent and consistent. Looks like it’s breaking in nicely.

Are they doing a good job with their barrels in general? I’m pretty picky about barrel consistency, repeatability from gun to gun and chambering to chambering, not being finicky with temps (properly stressed relieved), action to barrel tolerance gun to gun and properly torqued (at least 90 ft lbs), and not being overly picky between different grain bullets within the caliber. A lot to ask I suppose.

This seems to have a lot of potential if criteria is met. Something like this from the factory, properly functioning like you made yours, and in a well designed wood hunting stock, I am in!

Reactions: NSI
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Are they doing a good job with their barrels in general? I’m pretty picky about barrel consistency, repeatability from gun to gun and chambering to chambering, not being finicky with temps (properly stressed relieved), action to barrel tolerance gun to gun and properly torqued (at least 90 ft lbs), and not being overly picky between different grain bullets within the caliber. A lot to ask I suppose.

I’ve only used this one so far. However, this was not a cherry picked sample, and from what I’ve seen they are doing a good job.

This seems to have a lot of potential if criteria is met. Something like this from the factory, properly functioning like you made yours, and in a well designed wood hunting stock, I am in!

Wait a little bit, and something interesting might be available.