Browning X-Bolt 2 Speed, 7 PRC Field Evaluation

@Formidilosus Did you notice that the bolt was very tight when first installed? I just got my Speed SPR in 6.5 PRC and have put 50 rounds through it so far. The bolt was difficult to install but is slowly getting easier to work. This is my first bolt gun so I wasn't sure if that was normal.
Is/was there a bunch of grease on the bolt, in the action?

Buzzsaw

FNG
Great review and torture test. Most of us wouldnt shoot a 1/4 of the rounds you did. How about the trigger? Did you install a spring? I believe Jard makes a trigger for this rifle.

I'm shopping for a 7mmPRC and this new XBOLT 2 is at the top along with Tikka, Seekins PH2, trying to stay around $1500.

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
@Formidilosus can you snap some pictures of the bottom of the action when it's apart? Specifically the feed rails, curious if they are following the trend they started with their target models to be truly center feed.

View attachment 704806

That little teflon "bump" was added to the X-Bolt a few years ago, some of mine have it some don't, even in the same caliber.

Best picture of the X-Bolt teflon guide I could find on the www
View attachment 704807

Answer to your question

@Formidilosus is this the teflon pad you are referring to that helps with the bolt binding issues?

View attachment 708281

What exactly is the anti-bind feature on this action/bolt? Is it the Teflon pad in the second picture, or what looks like a screw in the first picture?

@Formidilosus Any chance you could take a few pictures of the “anti-bind” feature?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus Did you notice that the bolt was very tight when first installed? I just got my Speed SPR in 6.5 PRC and have put 50 rounds through it so far. The bolt was difficult to install but is slowly getting easier to work. This is my first bolt gun so I wasn't sure if that was normal.

Have you applied lube or oil to the bolt?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Great review and torture test. Most of us wouldnt shoot a 1/4 of the rounds you did. How about the trigger? Did you install a spring? I believe Jard makes a trigger for this rifle.

I have not changed the spring, I did lighten it as much as the factory will allow. It is better.