Mock Scrape for Elk

Pittstate23

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone making mock scrapes for elk? I’ve searched and searched and can’t find much info.

I hear that elk make scrapes, a mock scrape is super affective in the whitetail woods, but I guess I’m just wondering if anyone is doing this for elk.

I would doubt it in most cases. Elk travel so much more than whitetails, much lower animal density compared to whitetails, I don't think it'd be an effective tactic compared to other tactics. You're not sitting in a tree stand, you're bugling or glassing off prominent points and ridges and moving long distances to the animals. It's just a completely different game. You will find lots of excellent elk habitat devoid of elk during the archery season.

ElkNut1

WKR
Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with it for similar reasons as Dos Perros mentions. It's similar to packing a Decoy all over the woods, you rarely use it & when you do you're always worrying about regathering it up if you need to quickly move & re-setup on a bull.

Most important, elk aren't Whitetail.

ElkNut

Last edited:

wytx

WKR
Never seen an elk scrape, they do rub trees though.
Now moose do make scrapes, maybe that is what you heard about ?

Good one cnelk !!

OP
Pittstate23

Pittstate23

Lil-Rokslider
I’m really appreciative of all of the input!!!!!!!!

Have a good one

Is anyone making mock scrapes for elk? I’ve searched and searched and can’t find much info.

I hear that elk make scrapes, a mock scrape is super affective in the whitetail woods, but I guess I’m just wondering if anyone is doing this for elk.
Not an effective strategy for elk. Although they visit wallows they move around too much and may clear out of one drainage and not come back. Elk are not as habitual as your Eastern/Midwest whitetails.