Lil-Rokslider
MO Ozarks Rok Rally and Turkey Hunt

DATES: Fri./Sat./Sun, May 1/2/3

Last edited:
OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Bear and I, and possibly WhiteWizard, are leanin real hard toward comin in Thu. night to car-camp then hunt our way in to a really nice spike site on Fri. morning. It is neither difficult to find nor hard to get to and is only 3 miles deep, maybe a little less. If you can't be there by Thu. night or pretty early Fri. morn but want to come to the spike, I can give you the directions or would be more than happy to come out to meet anyone to bring you in. Lord knows I need the trail time... I may hop a ridge to the next creek and bivy there Fri. night and come back to spike for Sat. All speculation at this point...

The campsite where we'll park is rather large for any/all that wish to day hunt from there. Its right next to the Big Piney for afternoon fishing. I will also be interested to check out whatever gear everyone is running as well as bring some extra stuff for y'all to check out. If there ends up being a fair crowd car-camping and day-hunting, I may come back to spend Sat. night there to hang out and pass around some shine!

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
If you're planning a hunt out west this fall, you shouldn't -if you can help it- miss an opportunity to train with others in your area doing the same. Hope to see y'all there!

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Ha! Dude, you barely beat me to it! I went to bed thinking I needed to bump this thread.

I'm 100% in.

I'll get a map up with a few things marked and coords for anyone using GPS. It really is an easy trail to follow though.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
4142bf3a7c3eed08b13e24123019ee7e.jpg

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Our plan may fluctuate a bit, but Bear, Wizard (High Back) and I will be hiking in either Thu. evening or early Fri. morning and probably staying in until mid day Sunday. Prob gonna park at Big Piney Campground and hit the trail from there.