Missouri's 2023 squirrel season is open!

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
8qWvQ12.jpg

ockHlwF.jpg

It's the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and that means it is time for me and Ole Betsy, my 12 gauge cylinder bore, to head to the woods for Missouri's squirrel season opener. I have been seeing a bunch of young grays running around the house so I decided to bring a couple in for dinner before I started my chores. I killed both of these within 100 yards of the front porch and I could have easily killed a half dozen if I had had the time. While I was cleaning these two, there were three or four messing around in the trees around me. I might visit with them later this evening.

Life is good!

Darren

NRA4LIFE

WKR
The first year I lived in MO I was thrilled to see I could hunt squirrels all summer. That sentiment lasted approximately 10 minutes when I literally ran for my truck and disrobed as I was covered in ticks. The squirrel hunting is amazing there with all the nut trees.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work!

I generally resort to shooting squirrels on the edge of the yard because of all the seed ticks in the summer.

Sometimes the conservation burns some area, which kills a lot of ticks, those are good places to squirrel hunt in the summer.

npm352

WKR
Nice work. Grew up their shooting squirrels, but never with a muzzy. Very cool.