Minimalist shoe/boot - transition process

Spoonbill

WKR

Has anyone tried these? I am looking to get minimalist shoes to wear to work but I have no experience with Jim Green boots.

nobody

WKR

Has anyone tried these? I am looking to get minimalist shoes to wear to work but I have no experience with Jim Green boots.
Been wearing a pair for about a year. Love mine, very well made and comfortable. Everything you read says to size down a half size. Pro tip - don’t. Just buy your standard boot size.

Spoonbill

WKR
Been wearing a pair for about a year. Love mine, very well made and comfortable. Everything you read says to size down a half size. Pro tip - don’t. Just buy your standard boot size.
Thanks for the info on boot size.

Axle

FNG
I could be wrong, but I thought the barefoot version of the African Ranger was just released a couple months ago. Here’s a video from Rose Anvil talking about them:

BBob

WKR

My pre-order arrived yesterday. I’ve only had time to quickly look them over so far. Construction looks good.

IMG_2582.jpegIMG_2583.jpeg

BBob

WKR
My pre-order arrived yesterday. I’ve only had time to quickly look them over so far. Construction looks good.
A few notes. I’ll come back add to this as I go. Sizing. My foot is low volume. Length and width of largest foot 275mm/10.8” long, 125mm/4.3” wide. In Vivo I’m wearing a 44 across 3 different styles. For sizing the Green’s I took the above video advice and used the sizing on the website. At my dimensions I went up slightly to the 44.5/11. These boots have no insole and the video suggests if you want to use an insole to size up. That and with my small volume foot I knew I’d be adding an insole. …………

The sole is soft and quiet on hard surfaces like rocks and asphalt. I like quiet soles. They feel fairly grippy but I haven’t had them out in real field conditions to test yet.

Last edited: