Milton

Phaseolus

WKR
This Western Colorado boy is just north of Daytona for my Brothers wedding. I flew into Orlando today. My Brothers place is 6 miles inland from Ormond Beach so we won’t have to deal with storm surge. It should be a wild ride here on the Atlantic side. My first Hurricane.

maxx075

WKR
This Western Colorado boy is just north of Daytona for my Brothers wedding. I flew into Orlando today. My Brothers place is 6 miles inland from Ormond Beach so we won’t have to deal with storm surge. It should be a wild ride here on the Atlantic side. My first Hurricane.
Ohh dirty side, have fun!

CorbLand

WKR
If your brother had an outside ceremony, in the middle of the hurricane. That would probably push into the top 5 most Floridian things done on earth. Just saying. It’s an option.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Once again the local sherif is asking those who stay to write their name on their legs so they are easy to ID.

Bert01

FNG
In laws are in Bradenton just east of the waterway, tried to get them to come up to SC, they are staying down there.

Praying for everyone in Florida right now. My aunt and uncle bought a house right on the water in Siesta Key 2 years ago. I spoke to him today and they are evacuating but I feel like he's overly optimistic as to what he's going to go back to. For their sake and everyone else's I hope he's right.

Going to be a rough one. I’m expecting my house to still be there but my in laws and some of our properties…. Not so sure. The debris alone is going to be a huge issue. There is a 10 ft pile of furniture, appliances and lumber at the end of every driveway on most roads from northern pasco to Sarasota. That’s going to be a lot of projectiles flying around.

It’s going to be a huge hit financially to the area. They split wind and flood from homeowners, cost a fortune to carry all, flood won’t cover any storm surge, and hurricane specific deductibles are huge and don’t cover near as much as you would expect…. Going to get interesting

Good news is people are taking it seriously. I’ve been in the area 12 years and people I know that have never evacuated for anything are gone. After Helene people are a little spooked. I don’t think anyone expected flooding at that level.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My niece has a home on the beach in Ft. Myers. In 2022 they got hit pretty hard by Ian. They are not there right now, but have friends doing what they can to board up the house.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Going to be a rough one. I’m expecting my house to still be there but my in laws and some of our properties…. Not so sure. The debris alone is going to be a huge issue. There is a 10 ft pile of furniture, appliances and lumber at the end of every driveway on most roads from northern pasco to Sarasota. That’s going to be a lot of projectiles flying around.

It’s going to be a huge hit financially to the area. They split wind and flood from homeowners, cost a fortune to carry all, flood won’t cover any storm surge, and hurricane specific deductibles are huge and don’t cover near as much as you would expect…. Going to get interesting

Good news is people are taking it seriously. I’ve been in the area 12 years and people I know that have never evacuated for anything are gone. After Helene people are a little spooked. I don’t think anyone expected flooding at that level.
All the flying debris is going to be treacherous. It will do a lot of damage both to structures and cars in the upcoming days, but also will end up in the waterways making it a hazard for boats for many months down the road. I’m assuming that there’s probably still some random boats laying in peoples yards too that could get tossed around again.

Yes, a lot of people who normally wouldn’t evacuate, have done so with this storm. Hope everything works out with your place and your in-laws properties. .

Get out while you can houses and other belongings can be replaced your life cannot, good luck and god bless
Might be too late to leave at this point. Roads are clogged and many gas stations have run out of fuel

OP
L

Loper

WKR
My niece has a home on the beach in Ft. Myers. In 2022 they got hit pretty hard by Ian. They are not there right now, but have friends doing what they can to board up the house.
Ian wrecked that area pretty bad. Good call on leaving for this one.

If your brother had an outside ceremony, in the middle of the hurricane. That would probably push into the top 5 most Floridian things done on earth. Just saying. It’s an option.

Who gets married on a Wednesday?
But some gator wrastlin' would really make it.

For what I'm seeing, this storm is no joking matter.