Miles City, MT

Bcleck90

WKR
Headed to Miles City in a few weeks and need to book a hotel room for a few nights. Any places to avoid? Best spots to eat and see while I’m in town?

Appreciate any advice!

keller

WKR
Nice town. Stop their often traveling through to fuel up. Havnt spent a night their but would like to sometime. Not much help but it's a nice small town.

The Guide

WKR
Rooms in Miles City are expensive for what you get. The "Travel Lodge" is an old Motel 6. I'd avoid. Super 8 is tired but if you need just a sleeping room, it works. The rest vary. I live 2 hours away and we only stay if we are hunting in that area.

Jay

I stayed at the Miles City Hotel & Suites right off the interstate last year while on the way to South Dakota. It was a clean Hotel with very good service, and better than average breakfast food.

Several restaurants in walking distance, as well as a few gas stations nearby. There is also sister Hotel across the street that takes dogs called the Miles City Hotel (no Suites).

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

OP
Bcleck90

Bcleck90

WKR
I stayed at the Miles City Hotel & Suites right off the interstate last year while on the way to South Dakota. It was a clean Hotel with very good service, and better than average breakfast food.

Several restaurants in walking distance, as well as a few gas stations nearby. There is also sister Hotel across the street that takes dogs called the Miles City Hotel (no Suites).

I’ll check that one out. Appreciate the responses everyone 👍

I’ll second this. I’ve stayed at another that I can’t remember but this one was good.
One thing that did weird me out was every hotel had a “soup” bar and soup hrs…. That was a first. This was pre Covid though so times might of changed.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I had to have some tire work done there a few years ago and stayed at the Super 8 just south of the interstate, It was descent. If you need any tire work, the Point S Rolling Rubber is top notch, great people and they went way out of their way to help me. There is a bar/eatery just a block north and a bit west of the tire place that was really good, don't remember the name. It is a barbecue place.

MTElk1987

FNG
Great little town. We have family south of the river along the Tongue and try to go out there a few times a year. You should check out the Montana Bar if you get a chance. Good food and lots of history from the days of the open range. There’s still a bullet hole in one of the walls when things got a little western in there one night.