Michiganders, Huron Manistee NF Help

I will be in Huron Manistee NF this weekend with nothing to do but poke around. I've driven through it once but this time I have 2 days to just enjoy it. From Muskegon to Manistee what are some can't miss hikes, things to see, bars to hit, food to eat. I'll be bringing a fish pole, not looking for honey holes but a nudge in the right direction would be nice.

TIA from across the lake

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
You could always hit the pier in Manistee or the river and try and get you some king salmon.

Northpark

WKR
Grew up there. Hit up the piers for some salmon action maybe. Great Lakes brewing on the harbor in Ludington for food and beer. James port brewing on the river in manistee. Boardwalk along the manistee harbor. Ice cream at house of flavors and visit Lake Michigan recreation area just south of manistee 15 minutes for great hiking in the sand dunes and on the beach.

17Hunter

FNG
If you want a nice hike go to ludington state park and hike out to the lighthouse then turn north and walk the Lake Michigan shoreline up to Nordhouse Dunes wilderness area, 7-10 miles or more. Depending on far up the shoreline you want to go.

DEGdog

FNG
Bring a 5/6 weight and fish the Pere Marquette river up towards Baldwin. Not prime time but worth trying. Terrestrials, streamers, nymphs, maybe an early morning hatch.

OP
N
Thanks for the recommendations boys, looks like we where sniffing down the right trail. All those dune trails look to be pretty amazing. They were on out short list so that seems like a no brainer now. Interested to see if you all on the wrong side of the lake can brew beer anywhere as well as we do it on the proper side of the lake! Thanks again fellas.

Ddog

WKR
Downtown Muskegon has Unruly Brewing, which has some good brews. Also Rad Dad's Taco Bar and a good BBQ joint across the street. Sandbar in Ludington is owned by an old buddy. Lots of cool stuff to see and do up this side of the state.