Is there a .375" bullet that works like an ELD or TMK?

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like at some point I'll want to buy a 375 Ruger Alaskan, which have a 1 in 12" twist. This would be for no good reason just to be honest. Launching something like a 275-300 grain match bullet into a large animal or metal target would be awesome, but if I'd be stuck with mono, bonded, or round nose bullets I don't really see a point in North America.

I would reload for it, but I don't know if there are any bullets that would have similar external and terminal ballistics as a TMK, ELD, etc. Are there options that I just haven't seen? Closest I've found was Accubonds, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

WKR

WKR
Doesn't berger make a hybrid target in .375? You could try those. Just open up the tip a bit.
Edit: with a 1 in 12 i think your options are really limited

Bluefish

WKR
With the new regs in Iowa allowing 35 cal and up bottleneck cartridges, I had asked a similar question for 35 cal. My conclusion was that it probably won’t happen, by the time weight is high enough for good bc, they are heavy and recoil is stout. Twist is too slow as it’s designed around 200-250g.

I would like to see a better BC in a 200g. I have thought Hornady might take some of the tech for their new varmit it bullets and use it to make 35 and 375 cal that are longer, yet still around 200g.

Last edited: