Merino boxers.... am I nuts?

OP
E
I’m thicc and wear a 36 in most pants, i wear an XL in exofficios. They stretch a good amount without cutting into my thighs. It sounds like you are thinner than me but I have the same issue, my thighs and behind normally drive the size of whatever I’m wearing vs the waist. Too bad my biceps don’t drive the size of my shirts haha.

Edit to add:
Most of the merino underwear and even base layers are merino nylon blends, I had some merino poly blend baselayers that sucked, but I’ve never had a problem with any merino nylon or spandex blend. I don’t remember the poly percentage of the one I hated. I think the nylon makes it more durable. I have some old 100% merino first lite, seems to stretch a little easier than the newer blends. I’d bet the stone glacier undies are probably pretty good too just looking at the specs.
Haha that's awesome. My biceps also don't Match my legs either 🤣

I believe that nylon is stronger and more abrasion resistant. From my time working with fabrics in tents and tack, I have come to view polyester as a filler material used when cost cutting is the priority. To me, having nylon within clothing speaks to what I believe, and the principal illustrated on this page in how it is utilized makes a lot of sense to me.
I have some of the Minus 33 products, and like their products. I have not tried there under garments, but will try them. Thank You,

DanimalW

WKR
This is a really old thread, but I have a couple pairs of the Ridge Merino 9” boxer briefs. I recommend them. There’s no seam down the ass crack. Worth checking out. I wear them for travel and hunting.

OP
E
This is a really old thread, but I have a couple pairs of the Ridge Merino 9” boxer briefs. I recommend them. There’s no seam down the ass crack. Worth checking out. I wear them for travel and hunting.
I will give them a go! I am literally wearing the sitka Merino boxers as I speak because they ended up in my normal rotation and I don't mind them, so with a good experience in Merino I'll be more than willing to give another brand a try

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I have ice breakers and I have a ton of the shinesty undies, I don't think the shinesty are wool but whatever they are is lovely. The ball hammock is a dream on long hikes. No tack-sack to speak of and they don't stink after 3-4 days. I'm sold. And they have funny stuff like sharks and constellations in erotic positions. I'd have never bought them but the ole lady thinks they're hilarious and keeps buying them for me.

I used to use Icebreaker stuff until they discontinued their camo line like 7 or 8 years ago. I sent an email asking whats up and they responded that they’ve gone a different route as hunting didn’t align with their morals as a company. Sounds like Anti speak to me so i swore them off forever.

I realize some hunters don’t mind if their money goes to antis but i do. I mean if i’m unaware i’ll buy stuff but when a company straight out tells me they don’t like hunting they’ll not get a dime from me going forward. There are plenty of hunting friendly companies to patronize so why not do that.

Seeknelk

WKR
First lite are absolutely trash. Went thru a pair on a week long hunt. Thunder thighs here tho. But I've also tried Meriwool and smartwool. Smartwool has been my favorite and while not as durable as synthetic by any stretch, they are holding up well, even with semi-daily wear. (I try to resist wearing them daily for plumbing work)
Daily wear ex officio synthetic has still been my favorite. Saxx were nice at first but the belt band is weird and likes to flip and stay that way for life.