Meateater podcast with Trump Jr

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I was listening yesterday on the episode that they said they had an interview with Don Jr. I listened and never heard him and noticed it was cut short. Any reasons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I'm seeing two versions of the same podcast uploaded, there may have been issues with one of them, but I haven't listened yet.

One was posted 8/3, one was posted yesterday.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same issue early last week. But I deleted and downloaded again and it worked.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

CJohnson

WKR
It was after the one with Clay Newcombe. I enjoyed both parts, but I didn't really get why it couldn't be a standalone podcast. Not sure if it they have to be certain length for advertising purposes or something, or if Meateater just didn't want all of the blow back that comes with having someone with the last name "Trump" on the podcast.

bobinmi

WKR
If you didn't get it, try deleting and downloading again. I had the same issue. The trumpjr section was added to the end of the newcomb part. He explained why it isn't a standalone in the beginning of the episode. They had to do it on skype do to several covid scares and it wasn't long enough to leave it as a stand alone episode.

I thought it was a fine interview. I hope they get to do a real sit down at some point.

wmr89

WKR
In one of the other Meateater based podcasts Phil the engineer mentioned they had been working with a new ad system that allows them to insert up-to-date ads and said it had been giving them some issues. I wonder if that is related to the issues you experienced. I listened to the Don Jr. Podcast the day it came out with no issues.

It’s at the end of 232

I think it’s tacked on at the end because that’s the best place it fits, it’s not long enough to be a standalone episode and it doesn’t feel the same in terms of a sit down hang out of a normal guest episode, more of an interview.

I think they will have him back for a real episode, at the end they mention how they want to get together for a real one but they both had people near them test positive for Covid and that ruined their plans to meet up

OP
DWhitt

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I had to go to Spotify and listen instead of iTunes. I tried to delete and it didn’t work.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
In one of the other Meateater based podcasts Phil the engineer mentioned they had been working with a new ad system that allows them to insert up-to-date ads and said it had been giving them some issues. I wonder if that is related to the issues you experienced. I listened to the Don Jr. Podcast the day it came out with no issues.

In thc podcast Phil said the program they use for up to date ads cut it short on him. Delete and redownload fixes it.

IDWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Probably one of the worst I've heard Rinella do. Almost in the "embarassment" category. "My dad's done more for conservation and public lands since Roosevelt". JOKE. You can't be a public lands advocate in a vacuum. He's been a MONSTER to the larger goal of improving natural ecosystems that the critters we all love depend upon.

SemperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I usually listen to it on Spotify. Last week I don't recall it being on there. I finished listening to it today so it was updated at some point.

OP
DWhitt

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
Probably one of the worst I've heard Rinella do. Almost in the "embarassment" category. "My dad's done more for conservation and public lands since Roosevelt". JOKE. You can't be a public lands advocate in a vacuum. He's been a MONSTER to the larger goal of improving natural ecosystems that the critters we all love depend upon.

I’m not asking for your political views, I’m asking how to listen to the podcast

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider

I look forward to their in-person interview. DJ seemed like he was just spitting campaign slogans like he was on a cnn or Fox News show really intense and didn’t seem like steve even had a chance to butt in or question some of what was said. I would’ve loved to have steve counter some of these claims. Between 2A and public lands Trump has been extremely dissapointing for me as a president.