Meateater and Ted Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted is Ted and maybe doesn’t fit the ‘modern’ model of the hunting ‘icon,’ , but the guy is 74 years old. He did a major amount of hunting in his youth, well before the internet - what you see now isn’t really indicative of his life of hunting. He hunted Sudan,(I believe Ethiopia as well), South Africa with Rocco Gioia (his son’s namesake), and did many drop-off hunts in Alaska, especially with his son Toby. Plenty of hogs and goats, and white tails a plenty.

You don’t have to like him, but at least understand he has hunted more than you and me put together and multiplied several times.
Pigman has hunted more than me. The rich banker in town has hunted more than me - all on guided hunts with someone spoon feeding him every step of the way. Jackie Bushman has hunted more than me? You have an invalid point.

Just finished the podcast and sheeeeeesh what a sh!tshow. Ted is polarizing and VERY full of himself. He makes some good points along with some that make absolutely no sense. Like allowing every landowner to kill as many animals as they see fit because they know their land best. Yeah, dont see what could go wrong there.

The one story that was very interesting was the one about the Seal killed in Operation Red Wings. Fallen soldiers family requested Ted play "Fred Bear" when his remains came home. He obliged and later got a call from Marcus Luttrell saying Obama wouldn't allow him to be there. Kind of crazy.
This was kind of my take on the podcast
Interesting feller as I’ll put it lightly a guy like him most certain has done things that are grotesque but I’m not trying to model my life after him
It was an interesting podcast with some descent points, crazy ass rants, and some entertaining stories.

Reactions: RMM
I haven't listened to ME in a while, more often than not lately it's a boring listen, mostly them just BS'ing, but I might have to give this episode a listen, 2 apex narcissists...seems entertaining.

What’s so wrong with the info in this article?
Another assumption by Ted, and Hunter Nation (which btw isn't a WI organization & Ted is a MI resident) is that the same hunter looking to shoot Sand Hills is also looking to harvest themselves a high fence wildebeest.....which hunt do you suppose Ted is likely to participate in?

I guess one funny sentence is the one reporting that they were maskless, definitely need to know info Lol.

Some of you guys are so funny.
It wasn't that long ago that men where marring 13, 14, and 15 year old girls in this country. Now you are harping about a 30 year old man and a 17 year old young lady in 1970 no less. While the rest of us are living in 2022. The only reason more of you are not out trying to rail underage girls is because it is against the law. If it was legal, 90 % of you that oppose it would be first in line.

Reminds me of a buddy's buddy at the gun show one year. We was planning a trip to Mexico together and Keith, who I barley knew, made the comment that he knew what he was going to do in Mexico, 3 of them about yea high.
I looked at him, I said are we talking midgets ? Nope 8 to 12 year olds because it is legal there.
I was like WTF, I will shoot your fxxxing ass right here you POS. needless to say Kiddie Diddler Keith no longer comes around. And to think he holds an FFL. Last I heard, he is reaping a lot of good misery heaped up on him by God.

As for my thoughts on some wars, they was only brought upon by the greed of war mongers.
War is money and money is war. There is no money in Peace.

But this thread has been entertaining, so much that I have been yelled at by the wife for my loud laufter. I think I will skip the Podcast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Some of you guys are so funny.
It wasn't that long ago that men where marring 13, 14, and 15 year old girls in this country. Now you are harping about a 30 year old man and a 17 year old young lady in 1970 no less. While the rest of us are living in 2022. The only reason more of you are not out trying to rail underage girls is because it is against the law. If it was legal, 90 % of you that oppose it would be first in line.

Reminds me of a buddy's buddy at the gun show one year. We was planning a trip to Mexico together and Keith, who I barley knew, made the comment that he knew what he was going to do in Mexico, 3 of them about yea high.
I looked at him, I said are we talking midgets ? Nope 8 to 12 year olds because it is legal there.
I was like WTF, I will shoot your fxxxing ass right here you POS. needless to say Kiddie Diddler Keith no longer comes around. And to think he holds an FFL. Last I heard, he is reaping a lot of good misery heaped up on him by God.

As for my thoughts on some wars, they was only brought upon by the greed of war mongers.
War is money and money is war. There is no money in Peace.

But this thread has been entertaining, so much that I have been yelled at by the wife for my loud laufter. I think I will skip the Podcast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I barely know how to respond but I’ll give it a try.

First, you justify child molestation because “they used to do it all the time”. Next you try to convince us we all fantasize about having sex with children based on your fantasies. Finally, you tell a story about a fella who’s a bad guy because he is a child molester. That last one really turned it all around. I was starting to think that, just maybe, there is something wrong with you. I’m sure glad you straightened that out.

I really hope you have no contact with children. Have you shared your thoughts with your wife?

I won’t even attempt to touch your barely sophomoric assessment of world history.

Last edited:
I barely know how to respond but I’ll give it a try.

First, you justify child molestation because “they used to do it all the time”. Next you try to convince us we all fantasize about having sex with children based on your fantasies. Finally, you tell a story about a fella who’s a bad guy because he is a child molester. That last one really turned it all around. I was starting to think that, just maybe, there is something wrong with you. I’m sure glad you straightened that out.

I really hope you have no contact with children. Have you shared your thoughts with your wife?

I won’t even attempt to touch your barely sophomoric assessment of world history.
Child molesting is under 14
17 is legal age of consent.

Sure glad you fixed me there. Thanks so much! I don’t even want to imagine why that distinction is important to you.
Maybe you can’t wrap your head around legal and not legal. I think calling someone a child molester should fit the crime and its my understanding there was no crime.

Maybe you can’t wrap your head around legal and not legal. I think calling someone a child molester should fit the crime and its my understanding there was no crime.
Legal or not, any creep adult man trying to get with my child may get invited out to the desert. There is a lot of desert in Wyoming.

Some quotes for those who missed it.

"If they don't like what I am saying then they are bad people "
"If you don't agree with me then your immoral "
"I'm smarter than they are"
"My excitement level has caused thousands of young people to put down the crack pipe and pick up a bow and arrow"
"If I have earned that, then I am untouchable"
"I'm the good guy my critics are the bad guys "
"How beautiful am I? I'm so beautiful I can hardly stand me"
"I know I'm controversial because in a world gone crazy good is controversial "
"Ive thought about it a lot and Im not going to think about it differently"
"When was the last time you were on Tucker Carlson?"
"I have a record coming out next month "

The end.
I'm so glad you made this post. I'm 2 hours in and now I can stop taking notes on his quotes. My only quibble with the above is that I'm pretty sure if Ted were to type up his quotes, he would use a lot of initial caps, and perhaps even a few "TM" at the end of some of his pet phrases.

Courtney Love is just as much of a wack job as is Nugent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not at all saying she isn't. Just you can see a pattern.

I once had a formula to determine if you were an asshole. Figured that if you thought someone was an asshole, there's a 50/50 chance that the other person thought you were an ass. Then you had to figure how many people thinking someone is an asshole, makes someone an asshole.

When I worked it backwards, I determined I was an asshole.

It's about traits and patterns.
Seems there's a few that are evident.

But you have to wonder, is she a wack job because of these kind of situations?

I'm not at all saying she isn't. Just you can see a pattern.

I once had a formula to determine if you were an asshole. Figured that if you thought someone was an asshole, there's a 50/50 chance that the other person thought you were an ass. Then you had to figure how many people thinking someone is an asshole, makes someone an asshole.

When I worked it backwards, I determined I was an asshole.

It's about traits and patterns.
Seems there's a few that are evident.

But you have to wonder, is she a wack job because of these kind of situations?

As popular or unpopular as Nugent is I think there would be more accusations. A 30yr old with a 17yr old is definitely creepy but her parents obviously didn’t care. I used to like Ted more when I was younger but a lot of the things he does these days are pretty bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was going to end listening very early on, but due to this thread (I had only read the first post), I decided it's not fair to judge without listening to the entire episode. I'm now at 2:20 (listening at 1.5x speed), and I regret that decision. This thread is much more interesting than the podcast.

I am really hoping that Ted will discuss in the last 45 min his service as a member of the NRA board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back