McMillan Mountain Tracker LR

Mojave

WKR
I searched and it looks like this has a little bit of chatter.

MOUNTAINEER-LR-LEFT-scaled.jpg

MT_Wyatt

WKR
McMillan trigger reach is super long. I struggle with it but I’m sure people with large hands would have an easier time. It’s nice to see them trying new stuff at least, looks like a sharp design.

khuber84

WKR
The new Vesper 6prc build, picked it up yesterday from the smith. I ordered early June, they'd never done a Vesper inlet. My smith sent the action, they mapped it, and I my smith had the stock and action back mid August. I ordered one the for the wife's rifle first week of August, they just shipped it yesterday. So McMillan is around 60 days for turn around on my last few, super quick.
63850.jpeg

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
McMillan trigger reach is super long. I struggle with it but I’m sure people with large hands would have an easier time. It’s nice to see them trying new stuff at least, looks like a sharp design.
My one, consistent grip with them. On the bright side, I can completely ignore any/all technique with respect to trigger manipulation because the reach is so long. :)

They make the Sentinel for KMW... so I know they know what proper trigger distance looks like... they just don't like doing it on their branded offerings.

khuber84

WKR
My one, consistent grip with them. On the bright side, I can completely ignore any/all technique with respect to trigger manipulation because the reach is so long. :)

They make the Sentinel for KMW... so I know they know what proper trigger distance looks like... they just don't like doing it on their branded offerings.
Mtn tracker is under 2", bout 1-3/4" to 1-7/8" with my curved trigger. I have zero issues, it's not much different that rokstok. Here's the Rok and McMillan. I wear an XL glove.
Camo is McMillan, carbon is Rok.
20241004_074203.jpg20241004_074236.jpg20241004_074015.jpg

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
The new Vesper 6prc build, picked it up yesterday from the smith. I ordered early June, they'd never done a Vesper inlet. My smith sent the action, they mapped it, and I my smith had the stock and action back mid August. I ordered one the for the wife's rifle first week of August, they just shipped it yesterday. So McMillan is around 60 days for turn around on my last few, super quick.
View attachment 772604
Ok that is actually too quick for me. I don't need gun parts sitting at my father's house inviting pilferage from my nephew.

I'll order when I am bout 2 months out from returning from Germany.

WKR

WKR
Ok that is actually too quick for me. I don't need gun parts sitting at my father's house inviting pilferage from my nephew.

I'll order when I am bout 2 months out from returning from Germany.
Its usually only that quick if you order a regular paint scheme. If you go carbon with a premium paint, expect a longer turn around. Approximately 4 months.

khuber84

WKR
Its usually only that quick if you order a regular paint scheme. If you go carbon with a premium paint, expect a longer turn around. Approximately 4 months.
Both these are edge fill, mine is premium paint, the womans stock is a banded carbon finish. Both were about 2 months.

Reactions: WKR

WKR

WKR
Both these are edge fill, mine is premium paint, the womans stock is a banded carbon finish. Both were about 2 months.
Getting a banded carbon back in 60 days is awesome! Makes me want to place another order for one of these
I meant the banded carbon or the carbon ambush when I said premium, they typically take longer then the hard edge camo you have. I have a hard edge painted game warden lr and it also took about 2 months as well.

WKR

WKR
I do wish they made this stock with the tall grip version like they did with the game warden LR TG, that finger nub isn't necessary