Mayhem Hunt (Rich Froning)- Train for the Pursuit

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I just saw where CrossFit Mayhem was going to release their programming for hunters. There is a few a sneak peak videos on YouTube and it looks pretty intense. I’ve been doing MTNTOUGH programs for several years now and have been really happy but I’m not going to lie, I’m curious to see what Rich can put together. I’d like to hear some of y’all’s thoughts.

Should be pretty interesting I might give it a go. I just do the daily mayhem programming. Then I’ll throw in some functional fitness afterwards weather it be fire station related Or hunting.

I.E. 5 min to complete. Row 500m then with remainder of time build a two line lowering system.

I.E. 100 burpees with a 45 lb bumper ground to overhead after each 20 reps shoot three arrows at unknown random distance with traditional bow. Then 20 more burpee with the bumper. It’s kinda like a burpee devils press

I do the same with bike cals and shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Backcountry_Preacher

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
They launched it two weeks ago and I’m loving it. It is a good mix of strength, high intensity, and cardio. Great all around programming. If you participate in every workout they offer a day, it can take up a good bit of time (1.5 hour avg) but that’s also what makes it good. If you do them you’ll be in top notch shape and if you miss one, no big deal, you’ll have done plenty through the course of a week to be ready for hunting season.

OP
Backcountry_Preacher

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Also, that 1.5 hrs a day average is how long it has been taking me to do their “Boone and Crockett” (Hardest) scaling. Other folks may be more efficient at it than me and they offer different scaling (time, reps, weight, different movements, etc) for each work out.

Last edited:

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Does it include multiple "tracks" like the regular mayhem athlete does? IE there's 5 different programs each with a different daily workout available I think. I have been recommended mayhem athlete program recently instead of Mtntough so curious what all it offers.

OP
Backcountry_Preacher

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Does it include multiple "tracks" like the regular mayhem athlete does? IE there's 5 different programs each with a different daily workout available I think. I have been recommended mayhem athlete program recently instead of Mtntough so curious what all it offers.
So I’ve never seen the mayhem athlete programming, but mayhem hunt’s structure is six days a week with a heavy dose of “warm up” (stretching, band work, light lifting, light cardio), then a high intensity WOD, then some heavy lifting, then a couple times a week heavy cardio( row 16 sets of 200 m, or run 16 sets of 200m followed by 1600m slow run) on Thursdays is a long active recovery day with cardio like rucking or biking.

We’re just on our third week. That’s just a few examples so far

Last edited: