Maven rs1.2 mil in stock

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Unfortunately what might happen, which quite frankly I have a feeling is almost desired- is the backlash from ignorance and refusal to listen and understand will cause people to not want to buy a product from a company and then later they get to say “see, doesn’t sell”.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Probably already mentioned so forgive me but I bet their “notify me” requests would be a safe number to at least meet but probably exceed. Certainly could extrapolate for site visits and option selection.
Yea 30% of those “notify me” requests go unfilled as buyers move on, reinvest or lose funds- but that surplus would then be In stock inventory which for most companies is a good thing. Maven clearly isn’t adverse to inventory as 90% of their scopes show as in stock.
Companies now have access to so much data to have one ran on feelings is asinine.
When you put in a made to spec order to a supplier when something is being developed, in most cases, it comes with the following caveats... First 3-4 months seed stock, estimated annual usage contracted in as a monthly deliver quantity "guarantee", with some obvious supply chain limitations built into the contract agreement.

My guess is, they never expected the MIL variant to be so successful when MOA is bought by many more users for most scopes of all brands. So their initial seed stock and monthly forecasting will not be able to keep up with demand for this specific variant of the product. T

They have likely (hopefully) since updated their demand, but production depends on manufacturer supplied parts lead times as well... Which in most cases are ordered and delivered to the final assembly manufacturer in the same seed/forecasting blocks as mentioned above.

So even if they've increased their forecasting moving forward for MIL variants it could still be quite some time, or never, for when production will increase to meet the demand and keep some inventory in stock for shipping.

SDHNTR

WKR
It gets a lot easier to grasp when you truly understand and accept to your core that these the people that run these companies and/or make decisions are not people that actually do the thing they sell. One of the most common things I hear from companies is “we never thought this would sell, we don’t understand”.
Not hard to grasp at all. Both times I’ve called Maven’s CS I got incorrect responses from an uninformed person.

SDHNTR

WKR
Unfortunately what might happen, which quite frankly I have a feeling is almost desired- is the backlash from ignorance and refusal to listen and understand will cause people to not want to buy a product from a company and then later they get to say “see, doesn’t sell”.
Exactly!

I, for one, am now out.

amassi

WKR
When you put in a made to spec order to a supplier when something is being developed, in most cases, it comes with the following caveats... First 3-4 months seed stock, estimated annual usage contracted in as a monthly deliver quantity "guarantee", with some obvious supply chain limitations built into the contract agreement.

My guess is, they never expected the MIL variant to be so successful when MOA is bought by many more users for most scopes of all brands. So their initial seed stock and monthly forecasting will not be able to keep up with demand for this specific variant of the product. T

They have likely (hopefully) since updated their demand, but production depends on manufacturer supplied parts lead times as well... Which in most cases are ordered and delivered to the final assembly manufacturer in the same seed/forecasting blocks as mentioned above.

So even if they've increased their forecasting moving forward for MIL variants it could still be quite some time, or never, for when production will increase to meet the demand and keep some inventory in stock for shipping.

Their initial expectations should not carry over to subsequent orders. As has been said a few times their 2nd and 3rd order failed to meet the notify me demand. Maybe excusable the first reorder but the 2nd is not. They are either 1- ignoring their data 2- ignorant of the available data. Which is unlikely with the advent of AI and google web leads.
They get traffic every time they have a restock that is ignoring 2 moa options in the 1.2, selecting the mil version then signing up for notifications. If it’s true they remove every notification with each subsequent drop and not just the successful orders they’re further ignoring valuable data and alienating customers.
When companies nickel and dime drops it reeks of need for quick cash influx and lack of long term solution. It does not appear they have adjusted and that may be intentional due to product bias as has been mentioned above. Ie someone signed off reluctantly on this product and can’t accept its success and own their misunderstanding of current market trends. And because they were slow to act they will lose market share and need a way to remain relevant but the damage may already be done. It’s the old adage “make hay while the sunshine’s”
Just my lay persons opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Limited viable alternatives seems like it sorta holds this at bay for the moment.

Grundy53

WKR

Except they've stated that they had put in subsequent orders after the first sell out and purposely under ordered due to fear of not selling all of them.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Except they've stated that they had put in subsequent orders after the first sell out and purposely under ordered due to fear of not selling all of them.

They can up their EAU all they want. Doesn’t guarantee anything unfortunately.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Not hard to grasp at all. Both times I’ve called Maven’s CS I got incorrect responses from an uninformed person.
I cant remember the last time I've called ANY customer service and spoken to a educated/intelligent person. It's crazy. Usually you can ask one technical question and then you get transferred 3 times and then they say they don't know.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
But they didn't up it.

Actually they did but because of manufacturing timelines they couldn't get a substantial number of units until October.

Do you think Maven doesn't know that by October, the majority of hunters already have thier hunting rifle setup. Not exactly an ideal time for selling rifle scopes, yet the only available time frame to get that quantity of an order filled.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Grundy53

WKR
Actually they did but because of manufacturing timelines they couldn't get a substantial number of units until October.

Do you think Maven doesn't know that by October, the majority of hunters already have thier hunting rifle setup. Not exactly an ideal time for selling rifle scopes, yet the only available time frame to get that quantity of an order filled.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
I'll go back and listen again. It sounded like the 2 previous small shipments (not this most recent one) could have been bigger, but they were scared they wouldn't sell them. So they made smaller orders. When those sold out almost instantly, they finally decided to make a larger order. But we don't even know how large the October shipment actually his. Hopefully large enough.

LOW will not do business with you unless you have at least 3 years of optics sales for your brand, plus a minimum number of employees. I tried that angle already.
Did you try lying?

Did you try making an making a ResearchingStuff.Maven.gmail and pretending to be the new lead at Maven who has also recently changed there shipping address?