Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

sndmn11

WKR
@sndmn11 Are we using tunneling the same way? I had understood tunneling was when the field of view stops changing before you reach the end of magnification adjustment. Ive seen it most often on the low power where fov stops getting wider at (for example) 4x, but the scope magnification still goes down to 3x. You said “picky”, so Im wondering if you are referring to something different?

This was a boating forum and it was a random question—no one there is talking about the scope, it was something he had heard elsewhere (unspecified).

I think of it as a significant black ring around the FOV that changes size as magnification changes and that looks like seeing the interior of the rifle scope.

I perceive it in the same manner as the eye box because I haven't used any scopes that exhibit it terribly. So, my "tunneling" seems to be different than yours and most likely most people's definition. Regardless, I don't see my definition or yours, Cindy, and the kid didn't have any difficulty behind it either.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I think of it as a significant black ring around the FOV that changes size as magnification changes and that looks like seeing the interior of the rifle scope.

I perceive it in the same manner as the eye box because I haven't used any scopes that exhibit it terribly. So, my "tunneling" seems to be different than yours and most likely most people's definition. Regardless, I don't see my definition or yours, Cindy, and the kid didn't have any difficulty behind it either.
The only reason somebody would have “tunneling” issues with this scope at any magnification is if they don’t know what they are doing.

Either a faulty unit or user error would be the answer.

Did some field shooting with mine yesterday. Nasty uphill angle into the sun…scope seems to handle glare well enough. I’m liking the reticle. No issues with a fairly precise wind hold and the .5 mil spacing (.223 at 650 yards). Directly compared to my benchmark bushnell lrhs 4.5-18…optically they are similar, I prefer the reticle in the maven otherwise they feel interchangeable. Which is a good thing.

I searched but didn’t see it answered but how much of the reticle is illuminated? Is it just the center dot or the entire reticle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
For a scope that road around in a bed drawer for 6-8000 miles it looks remarkably well.

Anything unusual or extraordinary about how they finish these out?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
For a scope that road around in a bed drawer for 6-8000 miles it looks remarkably well.

Which one? The prototype that got the use, was wrapped up the entire time- look at the pics.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I did, it's not wrapped on the gas gun and I didn't think Ryan's 6UM rifle has been around 6-7 months. The reason I asked.

These pics there when it was brand new without tape-

IMG_5334.jpeg

IMG_5335.jpeg

It did have a scope cover over it most of the time, because it was prototype. The first pic to Ryan-
IMG_5336.jpeg

And when it had tape, even with a scope cover, starting to look ragged-
IMG_5339.jpeg

Covered as normal-
IMG_5341.jpeg

There isn’t anything special about the anodizing. The scope was wrapped in vet wrap, and generally had a stretch cover over it.

The 6UM I referenced is mine here, and these were taken right now-
IMG_5345.jpeg

IMG_5347.jpeg

IMG_5348.jpeg

Dobermann

WKR
Love it that when Form wraps a scope in vet wrap, and uses a scope cover ... it still gets trashed. This is sooo much different from all those scope 'evaluations' out there where someone puts a scope on a mount, looks at their neighbor's house, and tells us they 'like it quite a bit' ...

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Love it that when Form wraps a scope in vet wrap, and uses a scope cover ... it still gets trashed. This is sooo much different from all those scope 'evaluations' out there where someone puts a scope on a mount, looks at their neighbor's house, and tells us they 'like it quite a bit' ...

It’s interesting to me when people say they’ve used a rifle or scope “hard”, or even “abused” it, and yet the scope looks brand new. Scopes are the most exposed item on a rifle and take more impacts and get rashed up more than any other part.

Dobermann

WKR
It’s interesting to me when people say they’ve used a rifle or scope “hard”, or even “abused” it, and yet the scope looks brand new. Scopes are the most exposed item on a rifle and take more impacts and get rashed up more than any other part.
What?? So lining up six scopes on a board that are sent for free, comparing their 'glass', saying which company you think are 'good guys', pointing out which scope you 'like quite a bit', not shooting them, and then sending them all back to the companies in good enough condition that they'll accept them after this 'T&E' ... isn't evaluation? Say it isn't so ... :eek: