Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with the rings. I'm planning UM direct mounts. Would have been nice to have several different ring options in the bundle.

Dobermann

WKR
Why do they include medium height rings in the bundle with a 44m objective. Wouldn’t lows work?
Maybe they're splitting the difference. Some people like low, some like high. Stock design and cheek structure are often quoted as being relevant, but so is height between the eye and where you want to locate buttpad.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Why do they include medium height rings in the bundle with a 44m objective. Wouldn’t lows work?

Maybe....maybe not...? The 1.2 won't work with a rail and APA lows (.75")...not because of the objective but because the mid-scope/adjustment housing will contact the rail without sitting in the rings. The adjustment housing sits well below the tube line. I've not had this issue with several other 30mm scopes in APA lows. This is the first time something other than objective size and/or tube length has been a consideration for me going to higher rings.

SDHNTR

WKR
Maybe....maybe not...? The 1.2 won't work with a rail and APA lows (.75")...not because of the objective but because the mid-scope/adjustment housing will contact the rail without sitting in the rings. The adjustment housing sits well below the tube line. I've not had this issue with several other 30mm scopes in APA lows. This is the first time something other than objective size and/or tube length has been a consideration for me going to higher rings.
That makes sense, but APA lows are really low.

Trying to figure out how the MOA version special is available and the MIL version special is not when the MIL scope is available, and the accessories are exactly the same for the MOA and MIL....

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I did not need this scope, but I REALLY like this scope…. Late Christmas delivery came today. Couple rifles out for threading, will put it through the paces soon.

fwafwow

WKR
Go up to the top of the thread and click the unwatch button
Just can’t do it on my own.

My thought process => I don’t need this. I have enough scopes. More scopes than rifles. I don’t see these as major improvements. I should really stop paying attention. Etc.

Dobermann

WKR
Just can’t do it on my own.

My thought process => I don’t need this. I have enough scopes. More scopes than rifles. I don’t see these as major improvements. I should really stop paying attention. Etc.
Sorry. But this is a major improvement.

In some ways (yes, not exactly, so don't pick this apart), it's as if the S&B Klassik, the SWFA 3-9, and the ZP5 with THLR reticle all had a baby.

To me, this scope has the right features of each to mean that we're in new territory.

Marshfly

WKR

In some ways (yes, not exactly, so don't pick this apart), it's as if the S&B Klassik, the SWFA 3-9, and the ZP5 with THLR reticle all had a baby.

To me, this scope has the right features of each to mean that we're in new territory.
It's a heavier Tenmile with a better reticle. That's really it. It's not revolutionary.

fwafwow

WKR

Just don’t tell me it’s “consider selling your SWFAs” improvement. Please.

Dobermann

WKR
It's a heavier Tenmile with a better reticle. That's really it. It's not revolutionary.
Except that ... reliable scopes, with good hunting reticles ... are actually somewhat revolutionary, in that we don't have many to choose from.

Don't get me wrong: this reflects more on the poor design and/or ethics of most optics companies than on this current offering. But Maven have given us a combination that does move things along significantly.

Dobermann

WKR
Just don’t tell me it’s “consider selling your SWFAs” improvement. Please.
Not the HD models. At least for me.

Form had a post somewhere here recently where he gave his current hierarchy, which included SWFA - RS1.2 - ZP5, depending on distance and application.

In my case, my guess is that the Maven will be enough to sell my LRHS and LRTSs. But not the SWFA 3-9 or ZP5 with THLR, which still have their own applications.