Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Dobermann

WKR
Thanks for showing us the sizes ... those are big bois, just like the Aadmounts.

Anyone know of a 'nub' version that fits the RS1.2?

@ChrisAU - ready to report on the various options you tried (and apols if I missed the post already ...).
Hi,
Take a look at this throw lever with a lower profile and affordable cost.

Tim

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks for showing us the sizes ... those are big bois, just like the Aadmounts.

Anyone know of a 'nub' version that fits the RS1.2?

@ChrisAU - ready to report on the various options you tried (and apols if I missed the post already ...).

Yes, the one from Kestrel is perfect and would be my choice for more. The switchview folding one also works, I’ll have to relook up the #.

ChrisAU

WKR
A note on the Switchview I posted works earlier, it can only index directly on top of the factory nub and because of that if extended will cause interference with your bolt handle likely. This is with just a 70* bolt throw action, if folded it’s fine and still works as a nice metal American made throw lever, but flipped up it will not work at all at 14-15x.

IMG_8409.jpeg

A note on the Switchview I posted works earlier, it can only index directly on top of the factory nub and because of that if extended will cause interference with your bolt handle likely. This is with just a 70* bolt throw action, if folded it’s fine and still works as a nice metal American made throw lever, but flipped up it will not work at all at 14-15x.

View attachment 740527
Where did you get an FDE color scope from Maven? Or did you Cerakote it?

ChrisAU

WKR

sndmn11

WKR
Here's that mkm lever on RS1.2, RS3.2 on a vanguard, and then RS1.2 on Tikka T3 and T1X

I don't pay attention enough to know what degree bolt lift the Vanguard is.
PXL_20240725_005940042.jpgPXL_20240725_010047140.jpgPXL_20240725_010209595.jpgPXL_20240725_010325763.jpg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Took my two go to rifles out for field day this morning before it gets to 105 degrees. Figured I’d check zero since it’s been a while…

As most of you know by now these two Tikkas in .260 and .223 both have Maven RS1.2s on them, see my posts here in this thread for more info.

Early June saw another 2,000 miles in the pickup and jeep with these bouncing around. Did some long range high wind shooting in Northern California as well as some blacktail deer scouting and coyote killing. Roughly 600 rounds through each gun.

July they banged around on nasty canyons in the Jeep doing some scouting, cross canyon wind shooting practice, and Rokslide cold bore challenge. I just got back from a 16 day trip to Wyoming which was 2,800 total miles in the pickup. These two guns plus a .243 Tikka each put another 1,200ish rounds through them while in Wyoming.

Zero check this morning at 100 yards. Two full magazines each, no time between shots. Shooting prone on a mat with Spartan short bipod and bino harness for rear rest.

It’s safe to say I’m very confident with these scopes going into big game season. We’ll start it off in August with California coastal blacktail followed by early September moose in Alaska. Will likely update here on how the scopes faired on those hunts if they end up taking shots.

IMG_8236.jpeg

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else concerned that with the demand they are are just going to rush getting them out. Opening up the potential for taking shortcuts, resulting in a diminished product?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Anyone else concerned that with the demand they are are just going to rush getting them out. Opening up the potential for taking shortcuts, resulting in a diminished product?

Not at all. LOW is the company that manufactors the scopes and they build to spec. If they were built in house then maybe I would have a concern.