Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Chanimal

FNG
I have no issues on a 223 tikka w/ UM low rings. About to put another one on a 6 creed tikka, hopefully no issues there.

TheTone

WKR
Wish I knew if maven is working on a rs5.2 with ffp. I’m sure the 1.2 would fit my needs but I like the zoom range on the 5 just a little more

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m having frequent issues with casings bouncing off the knurling on the windage cap and back into the action. Even with UM high tikka rings. Issue seems to go away with the cap removed. Anyone replaced the cap with something low profile and smooth?
I had that problem with the SWFA scopes but haven't seen it on the RS1.2. When I was having the issue with the SWFA I found that cycling the bolt faster/harder relieved the issue for me. Not going crazy or anything but just being more deliberate about it helped a lot. I also ended up removing the side knob on a couple SWFA scopes and taped over them which completely resolved the issue.

6 creed. My scope is probably mounted further back than most.
Interesting… I’ve got a 6CM Tikka with this scope in low rings and have no issues. Got a pic?

Also… where do your casings eject normally? Mine end up a few feet to the side, probably around the 4 o’clock position

Interesting… I’ve got a 6CM Tikka with this scope in low rings and have no issues. Got a pic?

Also… where do your casings eject normally? Mine end up a few feet to the side, probably around the 4 o’clock position

Not til Friday. Pretty obvious what’s happening though. The knurling is all beat up from brass.

Not til Friday. Pretty obvious what’s happening though. The knurling is all beat up from brass.

I believe that for sure. I’ve had that with a SWFA 3-15 and a T3X in 223. Just wondering it it was possibly an ejector issue, not flinging the spent shell hard enough.

Or if your scope is pushed back like you said, maybe adjusting LOP would allow you to move the scope a bit to eliminate the issue.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Went out into the desert in the Jeep scouting and to watch the sunrise this morning. Brought both the Tikka/Maven rifles along as always these days. Stopped at a nice clearing on my way out, a few miles from the main road, taped a couple paper targets up on a mesquite tree.

The vast majority of my shots on varmints and predators are 300-600 yard shots in the desert, lots of the time with pretty extreme uphill and downhill shots . If you've ever hunted Arizona foothills/mountains/canyons much you know exactly the type of terrain and shots I'm talking about.

I drove back downhill 300 yards from the targets for a quick cold bore verification shot with both the .260 and .223...

316 Yards
53 Degrees F
1,532' Elevation
Wind 2-4 MPH 7 O'clock
Dialed for elevation and slight hold for wind

.260 shoots Hornady 129 SST's
.223 shoots Sierra 77 TMK's

Both rifles are still ready to kill as expected...

IMG_7133.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I drove back downhill 300 yards from the targets for a quick cold bore verification shot with both the .260 and .223...
Nice cold bore shots! That's a good feeling.

I'm surprised you don't have custom orange Maven RS1.2s! Looks like the custom options aren't available right now, but when you upgrade to anodized orange, let me know and I'll buy your gray ones from you.

Dobermann

WKR
Went out into the desert in the Jeep scouting and to watch the sunrise this morning. Brought both the Tikka/Maven rifles along as always these days. Stopped at a nice clearing on my way out, a few miles from the main road, taped a couple paper targets up on a mesquite tree.

The vast majority of my shots on varmints and predators are 300-600 yard shots in the desert, lots of the time with pretty extreme uphill and downhill shots . If you've ever hunted Arizona foothills/mountains/canyons much you know exactly the type of terrain and shots I'm talking about.

316 Yards
53 Degrees F
1,532' Elevation
Wind 2-4 MPH 7 O'clock
Dialed for elevation and slight hold for wind

.260 shoots Hornady 129 SST's
.223 shoots Sierra 77 TMK's

Both rifles are still ready to kill as expected...
I just gave you two thumbs up, but had to take off one because my wife nixed the idea of an orange Jeep. (It's okay, though, there are a couple of other colors available ...)

But seriously, nice gear - and, more importantly, nice shooting.