Maven RS.2 2-10x38 Anyone?

Mtndawger

FNG
Resurrection day for this old thread….

Did you end up buying one? Thoughts?
Anyone else have experience with this over the past couple years that is willing to chime in?
I have used this scope on my tikka T3x 280 AI and on a Fierce Edge 6.5 prc. I wanted to love it but for me the short eye relief was a deal breaker. I couldn’t ever get comfortable shooting my unbraked rifles in mountainous terrain in field positions. Thinking about getting dinged in the eyebrow affected how I shot. Was it actually a problem? Maybe or maybe not but that lack of confidence messed with me. I also wanted to love that reticle but could never figure out my holdovers at the magnification I wanted to spot my shots. My max magnification was usually about 8-9. Other than those things it is a very solid scope with smooth adjustments, way more than adequate glass, setting zero never presented issues. It would be a superb set and forget for offhand shooting in forest settings. I’ve owned a number of other brands Leupold, Burris, Athlon, Meopta in this price range and lower and it is as good or better than any of those. I sold this scope and now I’m using a Tract Toric 2-10x42 with the bdc reticle. 6 oz heavier but still light @ 18 oz. I’m experimenting with the tall turret and dialing. The reticle design is a bit thick but is easier to use for me than the maven was.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I have this scope on a 6.5CM. Very clear, good light transmission, light-weight are pluses. My complaint with the SHR reticle is that the sub-tensions are too big. I generally like a 250yd zero on my rifles and don't dial. This scope reticle gives values of 440, 585, and 800 yards for the sub-tensions at 10x with that zero and my 130 TGK load.

Kyguy

FNG
I have this scope on a 6.5CM. Very clear, good light transmission, light-weight are pluses. My complaint with the SHR reticle is that the sub-tensions are too big. I generally like a 250yd zero on my rifles and don't dial. This scope reticle gives values of 440, 585, and 800 yards for the sub-tensions at 10x with that zero and my 130 TGK load.
THIS. If the subtensions were even remotely usable and this thing offered at least a consistent 3.5" eye relief, even better at 4", I'd probably have ten of them with both reticles. The eye relief is the big killer for me though.

AZ_Hunter

FNG
Classified Approved
Has anyone heard from Maven on why they designed this reticle? It makes no sense to me and I played with different cartridges and zeros in Strelok and nothing works well.