Mathews Lift

OP
A

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
Six or so weeks in, and to answer my own original question for anyone else, still very happy with my choice! No real complaints. This particular one did have the cam rubbing issue with the cables out of the box (as noted around the web), but they took care of that at the shop.

dylaneh

FNG
I am interested to hear from any early adopters of the Lift. How is it looking a month or two in? Is there anything about it that you have grown to dislike that wasn’t apparent at first? Do the reasons that you chose it still hold up after some time with it?

The time has come to replace my ‘04 NoName. (ok, Pearson…). I have tested 7 different models at this point, and come down to two with the slight edge to the Lift. Plenty of reviews out there to give myself the old confirmation bias in this choice, though mostly of first impression/initial testing type reviews. Just wondering, from anyone that has had it for a bit now, thoughts on it today vs. the thoughts when it first came home. Thanks!
I have had my lift now for 5 months and I shoot it at least 20 times everyday. I have changed sights, mods, stabilizers, twisted strings everything and have had 0 problems. Absolutely love the bow.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I picked one up last week, 33. So far I am impressed. Perfect bullet hole first shot after set up. 6 arrows all touching each other at 40 yards. Very quiet, no vibration. I went with the Hamskea rest and really like it over the previous QAD. I’m at 29” draw, 75lb mod, 490 grain arrow going 281fps. I read about fletching contact, can lean etc and have experienced none of that. It is better than my VXR in every way, and I think the VXR is outstanding.

Incredibly light bow, having shot 5-6 bows at the pro shop and comparing weight and draw cycles the lift won out with flying colors, amazing that its even lighter than the Carbon RX-8. Great upgrade from the Hoyt Torrex also.

rjley

FNG
I absolutely love mine. I find myself shooting it as much as I can because it is just a dream to shoot. For me it was a no brainer as it’s my first high end compound bow. I ended up getting all the Mathew’s accessories for it too.

For you guys that are familiar with the older solocam bows and the stuff in between... I used to have an LX that I absolutely loved. Smooth cycle, forgiving, very stable hold. I sold that to get a vxr28 a couple years ago. Well it sucks. I don't have any of the stabilizer junk hanging off it like some like to use. I never have and don't want to put any on there to make this vxr more enjoyable.

I was looking at the specs of the lift 33 and t appears to be much closer to an LX in brace height, ata, weight....

Thoughts?

I ordered mine in November and just received it last week, that’s my only complaint. I wanted a light bow for backpack hunting elk and it’s everything I hoped for. With sight, quivalizer, rest, and six arrows, I’m sitting right at 6lbs 15 oz.

31.5” draw length - 80# draw - 80% let off
Shooting 589 grain arrows at 285 fps. This thing thumps.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
The ones I’ve seen derail on the let down have all been folks who don’t know how to let a bow down the correct way. I have let the lift down many times without an issue at 85%. If you go to archery talk there is a couple of loud mouth Mathews haters crying about it being a design issue yada yada instead of taking responsibility for there mistakes. They like to show pics of a cam that’s bent and yea I wish all cams where stronger but even with them the way they are if you don’t torque the bow it lets down fine. Waiting for a buddy to get to my house in the next hour so we can set up his brand new lift 29.5. It’s a lefty and I don’t like doing the lefty bows as much lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son got one. He loves it. He’s a newbie though so he doesn’t have any experience with anything else to compare it to. But he likes it and has had no issues with it. I’m one who thinks it’s too ugly for me. But that’s just an opinion. It sure is quiet when he shoots and pretty fast too. I just don’t see the appeal especially to wait half a year for it. There are a heck of a lot of nice bows out there this year! I’ll wait a few weeks but not 6 months. That thing better scrub his back when he bathes for what he went through to get it. 😂

Edit…..I must say my son has had to let his down on a couple occasions with me telling him too since his QAD wasn’t holding the arrow lol, and he never derailed anything…….but it’s still ugly 😉

Last edited:

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Well we got my buddies lift done he hasn’t shot a bow in years and he was able to let the bow down many times without issue. His bow is at 59 pounds 85% & 26 inches and was slinging a 510 grain arrow 242 fps not bad at all for those specs. He loves it and is coming from a 8 year old Hoyt can’t recall which one. His is in bottom land looks sweet

fatlander

WKR
Well we got my buddies lift done he hasn’t shot a bow in years and he was able to let the bow down many times without issue. His bow is at 59 pounds 85% & 26 inches and was slinging a 510 grain arrow 242 fps not bad at all for those specs. He loves it and is coming from a 8 year old Hoyt can’t recall which one. His is in bottom land looks sweet

That equates to 360 IBO.

Your chrony must be hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
It might be hot but that’s what it shot 6 times in a row. It’s just a pro chrono with a light kit but Me and another buddy said the same thing but it sure likes heavy arrows more then light arrows

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
That equates to 360 IBO.

Your chrony must be hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.

Well the arrow speed calculator we put it in puts at 240 fps with a 348 ibo 237 with a peep in

fatlander

WKR
Well the arrow speed calculator we put it in puts at 240 fps with a 348 ibo 237 with a peep in

Interesting. I got 231 for those specs on my calculator.

Either way, he’s got the only lift I’ve seen or heard of hitting it’s speed, let alone exceeding it like his did.

For you guys that are familiar with the older solocam bows and the stuff in between... I used to have an LX that I absolutely loved. Smooth cycle, forgiving, very stable hold. I sold that to get a vxr28 a couple years ago. Well it sucks. I don't have any of the stabilizer junk hanging off it like some like to use. I never have and don't want to put any on there to make this vxr more enjoyable.

I was looking at the specs of the lift 33 and t appears to be much closer to an LX in brace height, ata, weight....

Thoughts?
You would probably like it a lot more. I got a triax the year it came out and I hated that thing when it came to hunting… it needed front and back stabilizers, but I wasn’t willing to put them on, it was just a poor balanced bow that you had to induce torque into and carried like crap in the woods

I think the lift 33 would be a much better option for you, it’s a fairly interesting bow to me, the chill series was the last Mathews that I liked, and I’m glad they are going back that direction (though still vastly different bows)

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had a Lift 33 for a month now. I upgraded from a 2016 Hoyt defiant 30". Probably been averaging around 40 arrows a day with it. I really disliked the engage grip when I first got it and was badly torquing the bow left on shots. Once I swapped that out for the ultra view the bow clicked for me and I've gotten really comfortable with it. I found it much easier to tune than my previous bow which was nice. For me the size difference has really shown at distance and it feels like it holds significantly steadier. My 90-100yard groups have defiantly had a noticeable improvement. The bow in general feels like a real upgrade to me and am happy I got it.

Also in the same boat as another poster that I haven't been able to get the mods that I want and have been shooting the stock 70lb 85%. Frustrated on that front.
If you wrap the ultraview grip with lizard skin tape (the thick one) it feels amazing at full draw. Plus if you're sweating you won't have any slip. I thought the UV grip was great until I wrapped it. 100% better wrapped.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. I got 231 for those specs on my calculator.

Either way, he’s got the only lift I’ve seen or heard of hitting it’s speed, let alone exceeding it like his did.

I’m sure there calculators are like bow manufactures ibo ratings they just say what they want lol

JasonWi

WKR
I bought a Lift 33 last weekend. It’s 80# mods with 85% LO @ 29” DL. I have it set around 76-77# at the moment. Haven’t shot it through the chrono yet to see what types of speeds it’s getting?

I’m extremely impressed with how it holds on target. I’ve only shot out to 40 so far but the groups are already looking great

Attachments

• IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Jon_G

WKR
What's the difference in 80% vs 85% for you? Curious as to why people tend to prefer less let off
The first thing I noticed when going to higher letoff was how jumpy the bow was. Another thing is that you do lose speed. My arrows were hitting slightly lower. I think I went from 75-80%. I wouldn't go to 85 I like 80 just fine