Mathews Lift

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
I am interested to hear from any early adopters of the Lift. How is it looking a month or two in? Is there anything about it that you have grown to dislike that wasn’t apparent at first? Do the reasons that you chose it still hold up after some time with it?

The time has come to replace my ‘04 NoName. (ok, Pearson…). I have tested 7 different models at this point, and come down to two with the slight edge to the Lift. Plenty of reviews out there to give myself the old confirmation bias in this choice, though mostly of first impression/initial testing type reviews. Just wondering, from anyone that has had it for a bit now, thoughts on it today vs. the thoughts when it first came home. Thanks!

ZDR

WKR
Went from the V3X 33 to the lift 33 and love the lighter overall weight and the straighter riser. I find it very hard to torque it as compared to the V3X (which I really liked as well). I also have a Mach34 and the lift is only about 4 oz heavier with a similar set up.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
No problem if your out this way let me know I shoot that course frequently

TheTone

WKR
Went from the V3X 33 to the lift 33 and love the lighter overall weight and the straighter riser. I find it very hard to torque it as compared to the V3X (which I really liked as well). I also have a Mach34 and the lift is only about 4 oz heavier with a similar set up.
Love my v3x 33. I’m really trying hard to avoid even looking at the lift too much

Problem with the lift has been the mod availability. Still waiting on 80% to show up, hate the 85%.

I don't have a lot of time on one yet, but they are pretty nice. Less reflex than the previous 33's, slightly faster, slightly lighter.

OP
A

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
Ah yes, I’ve heard of CSEC but haven’t had a chance to check it out. I’m on the front range.

digdeep

FNG
Has anyone heard about the cams having issues derailing? Heard some chatter about it, but not sure how reliable it is, or if its just people who don't know how to handle a bow correctly.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had a Lift 33 for a month now. I upgraded from a 2016 Hoyt defiant 30". Probably been averaging around 40 arrows a day with it. I really disliked the engage grip when I first got it and was badly torquing the bow left on shots. Once I swapped that out for the ultra view the bow clicked for me and I've gotten really comfortable with it. I found it much easier to tune than my previous bow which was nice. For me the size difference has really shown at distance and it feels like it holds significantly steadier. My 90-100yard groups have defiantly had a noticeable improvement. The bow in general feels like a real upgrade to me and am happy I got it.

Also in the same boat as another poster that I haven't been able to get the mods that I want and have been shooting the stock 70lb 85%. Frustrated on that front.

Attachments

• IMG_7773 Large.jpeg
    IMG_7773 Large.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: AG8
Ive had a Lift 33 for a month now. I upgraded from a 2016 Hoyt defiant 30". Probably been averaging around 40 arrows a day with it. I really disliked the engage grip when I first got it and was badly torquing the bow left on shots. Once I swapped that out for the ultra view the bow clicked for me and I've gotten really comfortable with it. I found it much easier to tune than my previous bow which was nice. For me the size difference has really shown at distance and it feels like it holds significantly steadier. My 90-100yard groups have defiantly had a noticeable improvement. The bow in general feels like a real upgrade to me and am happy I got it.

Also in the same boat as another poster that I haven't been able to get the mods that I want and have been shooting the stock 70lb 85%. Frustrated on that front.
What's the difference in 80% vs 85% for you? Curious as to why people tend to prefer less let off

entropy

FNG
What's the difference in 80% vs 85% for you? Curious as to why people tend to prefer less let off
Can't speak for everyone or all bows... for me, the 80% mods have a better back wall, shorter valley length, feel like a slightly shorter draw length for the same letter mod, yet are a couple fps faster than the 85s.

I personally wish they still made 75% mods. Had those on my Halon X and loved them.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Truth is I've never shot 80 vs 85 back to back so can't say. My number one reason is that I hunt out of state each year and some states have an 80% let off law. While I don't think that there are wardens driving around looking to get you for your let off, I do try stay within the regs. My second reasoning is that target archers seem to say that with more holding weight you will hold steadier on target. Downside for hunting may be its harder to stay at full draw longer. At 70lb 80% is 10.5lbs while 85% would be 14lbs

Truth is I've never shot 80 vs 85 back to back so can't say. My number one reason is that I hunt out of state each year and some states have an 80% let off law. While I don't think that there are wardens driving around looking to get you for your let off, I do try stay within the regs. My second reasoning is that target archers seem to say that with more holding weight you will hold steadier on target. Downside for hunting may be its harder to stay at full draw longer. At 70lb 80% is 10.5lbs while 85% would be 14lbs
That makes sense. I did the same thing for Colorado but they recently dropped their let off reg.

Shoot a v3. Know that if I shoot a lift Im likely going to buy one. Been avoiding it. they look awesome, are lighter, faster, smoother, and more adjustable than my bow.

I'm in the exact same boat with the V3. I have an appointment for Friday to shoot the Lift. Probably should not. Just sold my TRIAX so I guess the V3 will become the back up.

ZDR

WKR
Mods can be ordered from Lancaster and they may show on “temporary back order” but you can still order and you’ll get them in ~10days or so. I just got my 80% mods from them after 14 days and that included them being stuck somewhere due to weather for 3 days.

Mods can be ordered from Lancaster and they may show on “temporary back order” but you can still order and you’ll get them in ~10days or so. I just got my 80% mods from them after 14 days and that included them being stuck somewhere due to weather for 3 days.

I had some delivered yesterday, and some showing up tomorrow.

These weren't on backorder, just happened to see in stock.
Sucks local shops can't get them.

Has anyone heard about the cams having issues derailing?

I have seen a few SW Mathew’s derail, but haven't seen anything different with the new X cam. Guys go to let down and torque the crap out of the bow, with the high letoff it snaps the draw closed on them and off the cam.

I have seen it happen with Hoyt and Elite too, but definitely more prevalent with the SW on Mathew’s in my opinion. Operator error, but possibly a design that is easier to do with.