Marsupial Enclosed Bino Harness Non Magnetic vs Magnetic

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
Any input on the non magnetic Marsupial enclosed bino harness? I've been eyeing getting the magnetic enclosed harness but just saw the non magnetic version today. Is the non magnet worth the wait since its not in stock?
I was also looking at the Kuiu pro, if anyone thinks that's a better option.
I'll be running Swarovski 10x42 EL Range binos in them if that makes any difference.
Thanks!

if you use a magnetic compass or your GPS has a compass, just wait. I really like my magnetic, other than that. Solid pc of gear. I have contemplated modifying mine to get rid of the magnet. magnet in my rangefinder pouch too.

nobody

WKR
I went through this last year. I ended up buying the Marsupial Magnetic harness. The owner was super great to deal with and the harness was really nice! Then I took it hunting that weekend... I was following my phone/Gohunt maps in the dark and walked in circles for about 20 minutes. After realizing I should've been to my glassing knob by then, it hit me: the magnetic harness. I had someone else lead us in using my phone and we got right there. I was going to return it, but my coworker spoke up and said he would buy it for what I had in it. I warned him about my issues and he said he wasn't worried. He's been happy with it.

I switched to the Kuiu pro and have been VERY happy. It's my one and only piece of Kuiu gear, and I swear it's like it was made to fit my binos. I would be concerned about the magnets personally, but that's just me.

Jbxl20

WKR
^^ the magnets in the marsupial mess with the compass on your phone. Im usually using the tracking feature or have pins marked for OnX and once I get moving the little dot moves along just fine (gps).

OP
J

jlively

Lil-Rokslider
I went through this last year. I ended up buying the Marsupial Magnetic harness. The owner was super great to deal with and the harness was really nice! Then I took it hunting that weekend... I was following my phone/Gohunt maps in the dark and walked in circles for about 20 minutes. After realizing I should've been to my glassing knob by then, it hit me: the magnetic harness. I had someone else lead us in using my phone and we got right there. I was going to return it, but my coworker spoke up and said he would buy it for what I had in it. I warned him about my issues and he said he wasn't worried. He's been happy with it.

I switched to the Kuiu pro and have been VERY happy. It's my one and only piece of Kuiu gear, and I swear it's like it was made to fit my binos. I would be concerned about the magnets personally, but that's just me.
That's crazy! Never would have imagined that small magnet would have affected a phone mapping system like that.

diehljm

FNG
A note about the Kuiu, I am a huge Kuiu fan, but their new Pro Harness is a big miss.
1. Impossible to adjust while wearing.
2. If using the hydration pack, it will pull the harness up to your neck when water is in it. No amount of tightening on the lower straps will prevent this.
3. The pack feels cheap. Basically cardboard construction wrapped in cordura.
4. The side and front pockets on the kuiu are to small. You will not be able to fit anything but a license in the front pocket.

The harness alone with the range finder pouch is very comfortable once adjusted, but again, you cannot adjust it while wearing it.

Hope this helps.

I switched from the mag to non-mag, I don’t regret my choice. The magnet messed with my navigation so bad it was getting annoying.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I have a non-magnetic pack and am happy with it. You can fold it halfway down and use the lid as a phone holder as well.

That's crazy! Never would have imagined that small magnet would have affected a phone mapping system like that.
its doesnt on an iphone.

my magnet on my phone case is 10x the size of the mag in my bino harness. I stick my phone on my roll bar of my mule pro and use it as GPS/airplane mode all the time.

If you use a magnetic compass, just dont hold it close to your chest

TheTone

WKR
I switched from the mag to non-mag, I don’t regret my choice. The magnet messed with my navigation so bad it was getting annoying.
Any issues with the exposed shock cords getting caught on stuff or anything else? I feel like that’s the only concern I’ve ever read

Any issues with the exposed shock cords getting caught on stuff or anything else? I feel like that’s the only concern I’ve ever read
I haven’t hunted with it yet, just picked it up a couple months ago. Have played around with it at the range. If you put a wind checker bottle in the side the shock cord will snag it but with a little force it will go over it.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I agree it does get caught and me personally, it is not a quiet operation but I've been told I have very sensitive hearing. The shock cords rub down the edges of the bino harness as you open it. I've read the reviews on their website and I'd like to see what I call concerns they enjoy about theirs.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW Marsupial is coming out with a no mag range finder pouch sometime this year-I assume it is still on track.

When I called Marsupial about a month ago, they told me that they are working on a re-design on the No-mag bino harness, has anyone else heard what this is all about?