March FX 4.5-28x FFP Field Eval Q&A

SDHNTR

WKR
Because the scope is exhibiting random vertical shifts, and then comes back. Also, during the initial eval there were odd things that seemed as if the erector was being bound up.

It couldn’t be, however the behavior points to a ring/erector issue.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Binding I could certainly see, I thought you were inferring the scope was slipping. I’ve sent a couple sets of ARC rings back because the were obviously binding even before I installed them. The bottom half literally snapped onto the tube and would hold on, even with the top half wide open.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Gotcha. That makes sense. Binding I could certainly see, I thought you were inferring the scope was slipping. I’ve sent a couple sets of ARC rings back because the were obviously binding even before I installed them. The bottom half literally snapped onto the tube and would hold on, even with the top half wide open.

Same with these.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
That's the case with a set I have as well - definitely a slight interference fit, requires a bit of effort to "seat" the tube in the rings and/or rotate the tube to align it.

I suppose I need to get on board with the UM rings... or just buy more Seekins, Posi-lign, Mk4, etc.