Magpul VS KRG VS MDT for Ruger American

I have a Ruger American in .308 and absolutely hate the stock and plastic rotary clip. With a Ruger American is an MDT actually worth the money? Is a Magpul stock fine or not great? Is a KRG the happy medium? Is a Ruger American going to act the same in all of them?

Attachments

• KRG.jpg
    KRG.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Magpul.jpg
    Magpul.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 60
  • MDT.jpg
    MDT.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 61

nate907

FNG
Put mine in the KRG bravo as soon as they were available. Haven't hunted with it yet, but feels solid and ergonomics/adjustability are what i was looking for. IMG_0421.jpg

MHWASH

WKR
I have the same rifle, like you i'm not impressed with the stock. I recently watched a video where a guy tested the RA in the factory stock, KRG, Magpul and McMillan. In the end none improved the accuracy of the rifle. I should mention the rifle was the Predator model, so that may play a part in it.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
IMO the magpul hunter stocks are pretty trash. Have one on a rimfire as a place holder and used one briefly on a buddies center fire. The early ones were flexible as shit, heard they made some improvements there.

Also imo for a hunting application the few benefits of the XRS aren't worth the money over the Bravo. I would say an Oryx is a step down from the Bravo.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
if your mainly concerned with the magazine there is a much cheaper route. The factory Ruger American 450 bushmaster magazine works for my Ruger American predator in 6.5cm (which uses the 308 multi caliber magazine). It's only a 3 round capacity but seems much more reliable then the stock magazine.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

OP
tylerrbales8
if your mainly concerned with the magazine there is a much cheaper route. The factory Ruger American 450 bushmaster magazine works for my Ruger American predator in 6.5cm (which uses the 308 multi caliber magazine). It's only a 3 round capacity but seems much more reliable then the stock magazine.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
Right but I want a new stock also so so might as well do it all at once.

Rooggvc

WKR
I have the Magpul American stock on my Ruger. I don't have any complaints. That being said I am going to try the KRG out. I really like the KRG on my Tikka.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Magpul on a .308 predator.

No complaints. It's not flimsy and fits fine. It's certainly not a lightweight setup.

I had the Magpul and a Krg on a Rem 700
Imo they both work really well.
The main difference is the grip angle.
I like a hard drop vertical grip. So I switched the Magpul for the Krg.
If you prefer more of an angled sporterish grip get the Magpul

The magpul is ok, my biggest complaint about them is there’s only two MLOK slots on the very front bottom of the forend for a bipod, it would be better if it went all the way back to attach and ARCA plate for tripod mounting. The cheek piece system is also a little janky and doesn’t allow fine tuning to get a great cheek weld. The grip angle also isn’t as ideal for precision shooting, but it’s not bad.

KRG Bravos are excellent. Not too heavy, full MLOK on the bottom, adjustable check piece, and lots of accessory options too.

I haven’t been a fan of MDT since I tried their LSS and TAC21 chassis years ago, those things were pure trash. Some of their comp chassis are ok but I still wouldn’t buy one because the QC just isn’t there.

I used the bell and carson stock with DBM metal. More than the Magpul cheaper than the MDT and weighs close to the same. I'll try and load some pictures.

OP
tylerrbales8
Magpul.jpg *UPDATE ended up getting a used Magpul super happy with it so far. I added an arca swiss mount closer to the mag by just drilling two small holes worked much better than having it out front.

BOGART08

FNG
I have both the Magpul and MDT stocks on my RAP's, no issues with either and both improved my overall groups sighting in at the range. In the field I use the Rap's in a Bog Pod death grip tripod and have been quite successful on groundhogs.....