Made the mistake watching Ridge Reaper tonight.

hflier

WKR
Made the mistake watching Ridge Reaper tonight. I caught the episode that they were driving around in truck hunting from an elevated platform on a ranch in Mexico. Some sport there. I have thought this show was a bunch of truck hunters before, but man this is just shameful. Last episode I watch. Only show I can stomach anymore is Western Hunter. So far that seems to be a class act. Meat Eater isn't too bad usually also.

I got rid of the outdoor channel (amongst others) to save money on cable costs earlier this year and haven't missed any of the hunting shows. I've spent more time working out and reading books as a result.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I enjoy Solo hunter. Thats a pretty decent show from what Ive seen.

Mmcan

WKR
Western Hunter tops! Also like

Solo Hunter
Into High Country
Meat Eater

Cannot imagine watching white tail hunting from a stand over a feeder after having just finished my first elk hunt in CO unit 74. Tag soup. This shit is hard, but I cannot wait to go again!!!!!!!

littlebuf

Banned
I stopped watching hunting shows when tred barta stopped making them. His was the only one I've ever found worth watching . The rest are all just half hour comercials

jherald

WKR
One thing about Tred Barta, it was a recurve or long bow or none at all. I liked that, old school.

WRO

WKR
Western hunter is excellent, The reason is great as well. I like relentless pursuit for the WTF/That dudes crazy factor as well.

Tred Barta was painful to watch for me..

Roy68

WKR
At one time I had cable and enjoyed Tred Barta even after he was in the wheel chair. Now I have a lowly antenna in the attic and receive 4 channels. However, I can stream internet to the TV. I enjoy Zach & Travis of Montana Wild and watch their Video's on the tube http://www.montana-wild.com/

Other than that I bought my 3 boys all of the Marty Stouffer "Wild America" shows as a x-mas gift last year, and they relentlessly watch those. Pretty cool since I used to watch those as a kid, with my younger brother. Regardless of any controversies regarding Stouffer, Usually PBS was the only channel we could reliably get then and we liked it as kids. It really opened our eyes to the nature surrounding us outside of farming & ranching in the plains.

Last edited:

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
At one time I had cable and enjoyed Tred Barta even after he was in the wheel chair. Now I have a lowly antenna in the attic and receive 4 channels. However, I can stream internet to the TV. I enjoy Zach & Travis of Montana Wild and watch their Video's on the tube http://www.montana-wild.com/

Other than that I bought my 3 boys all of the Marty Stouffer "Wild America" shows as a x-mas gift last year, and they relentlessly watch those. Pretty cool since I used to watch those as a kid, with my younger brother. Regardless of any controversies regarding Stouffer, Usually PBS was the only channel we could reliably get then and we liked it as kids. It really opened our eyes to the nature surrounding us outside of farming & ranching in the plains.
FYI If you are an Amazon Prime member you can watch the "Wild America" shows for free online!

velvetfvr

WKR
I love ridge reaper. Not the Utah game ranch hunts but the others are pretty good and Jason takes the effort to kill monster animals.

My top ones are:
Western hunter
Ridge reaper
Meateater
Fresh tracks
Solo hunters (my dad is good friends with Remis dad)
Team elk

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
What are your thoughts on Sasquatch, Mountain Man? I like the fact that he hunts mostly public land