M70 RokStok

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
How does the same inletting work for all M70’s? 2 piece vs one piece bottom metal. Push feed vs CRF. Pre vs post 64. I even have a M70 with DBM.

Inletting is different, but the mold is the same.

Tom-D

FNG
Is the m70 action a good action to buikd a custom rifle on? My dads got one sitting in the safe that hasn't been shot in years and its never crossed my mind to do anything with it

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
How does the same inletting work for all M70’s? 2 piece vs one piece bottom metal. Push feed vs CRF. Pre vs post 64. I even have a M70 with DBM.
Can you tell me more about the dbm? Was that factory or aftermarket upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
Can you tell me more about the dbm? Was that factory or aftermarket upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
It is factory. Limited run in the early 90’s vintage push feeds. Bolt runs super slick!

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is the m70 action a good action to buikd a custom rifle on? My dads got one sitting in the safe that hasn't been shot in years and its never crossed my mind to do anything with it

Yes. Very good actions.

I see. So you specify the inletting somewhere in the order process, and you guys have all the different inletting specs?

Yes. They have most, but if they don’t have yours, they might have you send it in so they can map it.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Rather than clutter up this thread, here's poll thread to try and organize/kick start the Model 70 RokStok pre-order/production train, with the intent to forward it on, along with direct communication to UM/Jake/Ryan. I'm in for one, just want to see if I'll be waiting for 14 others.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a LA .338WM that I’d to convert to something else. How many are still needed? I couldn’t tell on the website.

ETA: The above posted while I was typing. I’ll go vote.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Are there any versions in particular that are better than others? Would you use the standard trigger or are there better options?

Ehh. The Pre 64’s are the “grail” of them, but probably not functionally better in reality for most than any others. I would keep the old style trigger, though I have not used the MOA version enough to say how reliable it is with debris and ice.