Lost 82 year old elk hunter in Oregon - good ending

IdahoElk

WKR
Good ending and well done to the rescuers. The lost hunter had an emergency locator device but didn't know how to operate it.

Glad they found him, same thing happened up in the wood river valley with an 89 year old man this spring, Went solo hiking/camping in the head waters of the Salmon river, found him 11 days later dehydrated but alive.

OP
Rotnguns

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Glad they found him, same thing happened up in the wood river valley with an 89 year old man this spring, Went solo hiking/camping in the head waters of the Salmon river, found him 11 days later dehydrated but alive.
I read about that story! What an amazing will to live. How many could do as well, regardless of age? I sure hope that story becomes an hour-long television episode.

IdahoElk

WKR
I read about that story! What an amazing will to live. How many could do as well, regardless of age? I sure hope that story becomes an hour-long television episode.
He is amazing, hiked up a drainage that is nasty and at 89! I question the daughter that dropped him off thinking he would be fine.

MtnW

WKR
Kudos to the search and rescue team putting in 20 hours to find the old dude. His hunting partners need to keep him closer to the group at his age, being diabetic and not knowing how to operate his rescue transmitter. Sounds lacking in common sense.

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
Old fella was probably putting the stalk on a massive bull and then a bunch of s&r guys come bursting out of a fern to ruin it all. He would have pushed the locator for the pack out. Old guys are crafty.

TaperPin

WKR
I suppose being diabetic is different, but could you imagine the search and rescue being called at 9:00 pm?

Being “lost” for only 15 hours before being “rescued”, isn’t normally a thing.

Will_m

WKR
15 hours definitely just “misplaced” rather than “lost.” But I see somebody mentioned diabetic so that changes things I suppose. I’ve been pretty badly “misplaced” a time or two.