Looking for something like....

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I am looking for something like the Kryptek Chronos hoodie, in which you can zip up the hood part and it sorta becomes like a facemask/balaclava type deal for my old lady and two kids to wear when they accompany me to montana this year. I know the cold and wind punches you in the face like prime mike tyson out there lol. I have seen sitka and first lite options, but would like something a bit cheaper since i would need 3 of them etc. Didnt know if ya'll knew of any non hunting brands similar or cheaper options?

picture if for reference and no that is not me:

18CROT-CronosHoodie-Highlander-Kryptek-Camouflage-Camo-Outdoor-Hunt-Elk-Deer-Top-ColdWeather-I...jpg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
The stone glacier helio zips up like that. It’s actually a rare feature to find so I just use a neck gaiter.

I have the drake version of something like that. It's definitely a cheaper quality but I like the fit of it better than the "nicer" ones that I have tried.

I have a browning that’s similar to my sitka core, just not as nice. I’ve seen them half off on camofire.

I have a browning that’s similar to my sitka core, just not as nice. I’ve seen them half off on camofire.

They make a merino version too.

P Carter

WKR
Not sure what weight the chronos is, but there are grid fleeces with that type of scuba hood. Here’s one example: