Looking for Opinions on the New Banish MeatEater Suppressor

Hey all,

I just saw that the new Banish MeatEater suppressor from Silencer Central was released today, and I’m seriously considering picking one up. I know it’s too new for anyone to have hands-on experience yet, but I’d love to hear thoughts or expectations from anyone familiar with the Banish line or other suppressors that double as a muzzle brake.

Some key points that have me interested:

• It’s 10.3 oz and 5.85 inches long—compact enough for backcountry use.
• It features an anchor brake that claims up to 40% recoil reduction when open, and still 30% when closed.
• Rated for .30 caliber and up to .300 RUM, with sound reduction at 32 dB.

I’m planning to use it on a 6.5 Creedmoor with an 18-inch barrel for backcountry hunting, so weight and recoil control are important to me. I’m curious:

1. How do you think the recoil reduction will compare to standalone muzzle brakes?
2. Do you expect the sound suppression to be on par with other hunting-focused suppressors like the Thunder Beast ULTRA 5 or Banish Backcountry?
3. Considering the weight, is the muzzle brake feature worth the added ounces over a lighter suppressor?

If anyone has any insights based on their experience with Banish suppressors or if you’re also considering this one, I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
I don't, have shot one multiple times though. Brake is gimmicky on the banish and the scythe in my opinion. I'd research silencer central before committing to them.

Rjk300

FNG
The banish 46 in the 10” configuration doesn’t reduce recoil like a break at least on my 450bm and 338 Terminator. I don’t need ear protection when firing either. I only tried it on the Terminator to see how it performed and still only run it with the brake. My purpose for it was just shooting and hunting here in Ohio on the 450bm ar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Hey all,

I just saw that the new Banish MeatEater suppressor from Silencer Central was released today, and I’m seriously considering picking one up. I know it’s too new for anyone to have hands-on experience yet, but I’d love to hear thoughts or expectations from anyone familiar with the Banish line or other suppressors that double as a muzzle brake.

Some key points that have me interested:

• It’s 10.3 oz and 5.85 inches long—compact enough for backcountry use.
• It features an anchor brake that claims up to 40% recoil reduction when open, and still 30% when closed.
• Rated for .30 caliber and up to .300 RUM, with sound reduction at 32 dB.

I’m planning to use it on a 6.5 Creedmoor with an 18-inch barrel for backcountry hunting, so weight and recoil control are important to me. I’m curious:

1. How do you think the recoil reduction will compare to standalone muzzle brakes?
2. Do you expect the sound suppression to be on par with other hunting-focused suppressors like the Thunder Beast ULTRA 5 or Banish Backcountry?
3. Considering the weight, is the muzzle brake feature worth the added ounces over a lighter suppressor?

If anyone has any insights based on their experience with Banish suppressors or if you’re also considering this one, I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!
Also, I would look at a 6.5 bore. The sorta standard advice is to get a .30, but a 6.5 will allow you to step down in size for basically the same suppression. If you really want a shorter can, OCL Hydrogen K 6.5 is in stock at SilencerShop for $750.

OP
M
Also, I would look at a 6.5 bore. The sorta standard advice is to get a .30, but a 6.5 will allow you to step down in size for basically the same suppression. If you really want a shorter can, OCL Hydrogen K 6.5 is in stock at SilencerShop for $750.

That is a sweet can! And lightweight. Looks like I might be picking up a 6.5 can vs a 30cal can.

wesfromky

WKR
That is a sweet can! And lightweight. Looks like I might be picking up a 6.5 can vs a 30cal can.
I just ordered my fourth hydrogen - 6.5L. I don't have K cans, as I want more db reduction and don't mind the S or L length, but from what the owner of OCL says, bore size gets more important the shorter the can. So, if you are looking for a short, light 6.5cm can, I think that one is probably one of the better options out there. I believe TBAC also has a K 6.5, but not sure. OCL doesn't make very many of the 6.5 bores, so once these are gone, might be months before they restock. My 6.5L is like mid 200 serial number.