Looking for a unicorn

I will agree with that there are no cheap, sound, and broke horses; but I think you can find one for less than 10k easy. If there are places around that board/train horses give them a jingle; they usually have a line on someone who is looking to get away from the boarding and/or feed bills. They may not have one on hand but will help you find one. You may have to drop a little money on a tune up with a trainer for a month or so, but you should be able to do that and stay well under 10k. I bought a 10 year old, has all the buttons, registered QH mare for 6500 through my local trainer this year. Sending money to a Nigerian Prince is a surer investment than buying one online, in my personal experience.

BKehoe05

FNG
I will agree with that there are no cheap, sound, and broke horses; but I think you can find one for less than 10k easy. If there are places around that board/train horses give them a jingle; they usually have a line on someone who is looking to get away from the boarding and/or feed bills. They may not have one on hand but will help you find one. You may have to drop a little money on a tune up with a trainer for a month or so, but you should be able to do that and stay well under 10k. I bought a 10 year old, has all the buttons, registered QH mare for 6500 through my local trainer this year. Sending money to a Nigerian Prince is a surer investment than buying one online, in my personal experience.
Sounds like you got a good deal! In today’s market I’m getting $3000-6000 for unridden grade 2-3 yr olds.

And $3500 for each sport mule weanling.

But I also have fully broke do anything you ask 5 & 6 yr old mustangs that I can turn out for $15-30k.

So getting what you got is definitely a great deal!