Looking for a packer

Jager

WKR
A mate and I are heading over to Montana in 2014 for a DIY Elk trip and as we obviously cannot take the meat back to Australia, we are looking for a local packer and/or anyone that would be interested in the meat?

We are looking at the Aboraska-Beartooth Wilderness Area atm, and as I understand it we will need to write a letter handing over ownership of the meat??

We are in email contact with some biologists from the Montana FWP and to say I am amazed at the help we are getting would be an understatement, the US definitely has an outstanding 'system' when it comes to big game hunting.

The pair of us are experienced backcountry hunters, and will generally operate like an old smelly mountain goat to secure our trophies, yes, we will go the extra 'mile', but we really need to look at the logistics of getting the meat out, if anyone can help out with advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AZCoues

FNG
You may want to check the local Chapter of the Backcountry Horsemen of America. It is a group that has chapters all over the states and if you reach out to them, they may be able to guide you in the right direction.