Looking for a camping/hunting spot.

J

jmclark

Myself and a small contingent of buddies are trying to plan for a back country Mule Deer Hunt. We live in Mississippi but have hunted in Durango Co. over the last 20 years. We are in decent shape. We would like to find a spot to hike in, camp and hunt. We are not trophy hunters and are not archery hunters. We are unfamiliar with states other than CO but are open to any and all suggestions. If you know of locations that I could look into please let me know, this would be a 2024 hunt. Also let me know how tags are purchased or drawn for said area. Thanks for the help. Happy hunting.

Joined Rokslide within the last hour and first post is wanting all of the info him and his “small contingent” of buddies need to hunt the area you’ve spent years exploring and learning.

This has to be a joke. If so, well played.

If not? This should be good.

Last edited:
confused, you couldn't find a muley in durango in 20 years? did you try the highway, there always there, just get a big blind.
or are you looking for a place other than CO?

Dented

WKR
Perfect first post. Will general information suffice or would you like gps coordinates to bedding locations?

Sheesh.....🙄

OP
J

jmclark

Ok, let's kick this off I guess. My group and I have hunted Durango for 20 years. Not always the same people every year. We have killed some really good deer and elk there over the years but we have only ever hunted that one unit. I was looking for general ideas and not your hunting stand locations. Smart asses like y'all are the reason hunting is a dying sport. I haven't asked for anything unusual. If any of you asked the same questions for a Mississippi Whitetail hunt I would have no problem giving general ideas. I can go to Colorado and do the same ole stuff we have always done but I'd like to do something different while I'm able. I have never hunted Nebraska, Wyoming, or Montana and figured the best place to start was a forum full of like minded people. I guess this is the wrong place. Wonder why site like this don't grow it's because of Uber sensitive titty babies like you all. I mean really what the hell are you even involved in such a forum for? To get on here and pretend to be something you're not? Cause you're not SportsMEN. Maybe just a bunch of boys.
@Eastonsgrandpa
@Dented

Maybe you should stick to Durango and Mississippi whitetails instead of blowing a gasket. This site doesn't exist to spoon feed people information. Everything you would ever need to know is in the regulations available for free from every states game dept. Or, you you could stick around here and become a contributing member rather than kicking in the door and calling people names.

cmahoney

WKR
Myself and a small contingent of buddies are trying to plan for a back country Mule Deer Hunt. We live in Mississippi but have hunted in Durango Co. over the last 20 years. We are in decent shape. We would like to find a spot to hike in, camp and hunt. We are not trophy hunters and are not archery hunters. We are unfamiliar with states other than CO but are open to any and all suggestions. If you know of locations that I could look into please let me know, this would be a 2024 hunt. Also let me know how tags are purchased or drawn for said area. Thanks for the help. Happy hunting.

Following, I’d like the same info please, mainly looking to hunt big western game out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dented

WKR
Yeah, how about actually getting on the forum, discussing what you've done, put some effort into describing your experience and then, after you've been here a while, MAYBE ask that question? 🤣

He didn't tag me because we're buddies. He tagged me because I called him out, and rightly so.

What an ass....🤣