Long Shot- Partner for Renfroe's in 2028

bozeman

WKR
Looking for a hunting partner to go with Renfroe's in 2028 (first available fly in, drop off using their gear, DIY on the hunting part). No one I hunt with in Alabama has any desire to go, but this has been on my list and I want to get it going/planning now. Please PM to start some convo's.

Thanks!

Last edited:

AKBorn

WKR
When I used to hunt remote Alaska I also checked on here and on Hunttalk for hunting partners, got some really good ones and no bad ones! Just a suggestion - might want to give a little more info about yourself (age, hunting experience, approximate physical condition, etc.) and how you like to hunt. Then maybe give a rough order-of-magnitude estimate of anticipated costs for the trip, understanding that things will change a bit before 2028. That way you will weed out the dreamers, and get more responses from guys and gals who are serious about hunting moose in remote AK.

Best of luck to you.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Yes, 2028 booking now. Fly in, drop off, rifle hunt from that camp site they setup, hunt 10 days. Cost is right at $14k. Does not include flights to / from home to AK or food (bring your own). Plenty of time to prep and save. They need 20% for a contract, 2 ppl for a contract.

Per request above- 46 yrs old, have hunted CO elk 4 times, I’m 1 for 4. Succes with a rifle, 0 for 3 on bow. Backcountry hunt, tent, solo 2x. I’m a runner and use the local HS bleachers each week with a 40lbs pack, lift 2-3x per week. Hunt deer, turkey and ducks as well with turkey being my favorite. Hope that helps.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Yes, outfitted, but not guided. Each person brings weapon, food, clothes. I believe he said 97lbs weight limit/person.