Long drive ebook suggestions

satchamo

WKR
I’m headed out to AZ late next month and will be on the road for 23ish hours so I’m looking for some ebook suggestions.

I’m really big into American history - specifically the WW2 era so I’ve pretty well torn that genre apart. So I’m looking for suggestions on early American history including exploration, war, conservation, hunting, adventures…. You know, “man shit”…

Also very open to any other suggestions- I’m an open book - no pun intended.

ODB

WKR
The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. a very listenable, well told, and inspiring book. Read by David so it’s like buttah…

zpearo

Lil-Rokslider
The Road by Cormac McCarthy was a great listen on a long road trip for me.

Recently listened to "Born Again Twice" by Dale Hanson. Vietnam SOG stuff into Laos. It was a very good personal account, and very well done for audio.

"Saving Bravo" by Stephan Talty is really interesting as well. It's the entire Bat 21 incident and rescue, including the other pilots on the ground who were saved, or unfortunately captured or killed.

Last edited:

Noish

FNG
If you can get into post-apocalypse America collapse type books I enjoyed The Borrowed World series. I think this one was terrorist attacks, not zombies or anything crazier. I liked that you could get the box sets so one credit on Audible would get three books for around 28 hours total. There's maybe 8 books in the series.

Open Carry is the first book of Arliss Cutter series about a US Marshall that transfers to Alaska, that series has been pretty good listens also.

Wrench

WKR
I think a David goggins book is the perfect listening when going to do something hard. You will find yourself working harder just because he did.

Beendare

WKR
I like stuff that grabs me and is action packed for drives. The Vince Flynn books....or The Gray man series by Mark Greany are all good for that if you haven't read them.