Lobbying Wyoming game and fish negatively affecting non-resident elk hunters

I haven't read any comments past the first page...but if my red state brothers really want to stop californians from moving to your state, I would make it easier to visit once a year and not give motive to move there. Lol
Agreed.

RMM

WKR
You are the one who needs to reread what you wrote, not me. There is absolutely no logic to any points you have made throughout this entire thread. You have literally advocated for punishing western states based on the number of NR tags they give out.

You think MN should be held to a different standard because of the number of elk in the state... so where's the line dude? What is the specific number of elk that should enable the state to set there own tag allocations without losing federal lands and funding?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
The difference is, MN didn't sell millions of dollars of preference points and use verbiage like "will guarantee you draw a tag eventually" just to move the goal posts and make it all but impossible to draw a tag.

tdhanses

WKR
You are the one who needs to reread what you wrote, not me. There is absolutely no logic to any points you have made throughout this entire thread. You have literally advocated for punishing western states based on the number of NR tags they give out.

You think MN should be held to a different standard because of the number of elk in the state... so where's the line dude? What is the specific number of elk that should enable the state to set there own tag allocations without losing federal lands and funding?

Tell me how it makes sense to have 90% of public lands where 3% of the population resides, I for one would be for cutting the current public in the west by 50% or more and expanding the public available in the midwest and east coast, there would be just as much opportunity for you to go visit the public lands if they aren’t in the west.

Haha, so you think NR‘s should have an opportunity even if there are only 2 tags?

Hard to say where the line is but would you of moved to MT if the public land was decreased by 50% in MT and MN had 10 million acres more of it with a herd of 50k elk?

It is hilarious to see people defend public lands, yet not see that it would be good for the overall public for those in the west to take a large reduction in these lands and open up more public lands closer to others in the country. Also everyone this affects could easily travel and experience the lands of the Midwest and East. Seems most are pro public as long as it’s to their benefit.

The only reason you say there are no points is because you would prefer the public be in your backyard and not someone elses. As fas as tag allocations go I’ve never said a state doesn‘t have a right to set these but if MT only had 200 tags to give out next year I expect them to all go to residents, there is a line there somewhere, no idea where, probably for most it’s where the reduction hits budgets.

If MT and WY wanted they could go 100% native resident and still most wouldn’t hunt moose, sheep and goat and they could do this without going through political suicide as the majority of hunters are native residents. Same could be done for LE elk and deer really.

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
Tell me how it makes sense to have 90% of public lands where 3% of the population resides, I for one would be for cutting the current public in the west by 50% or more and expanding the public available in the midwest and east coast, there would be just as much opportunity for you to go visit the public lands if they aren’t in the west.

Haha, so you think NR‘s should have an opportunity even if there are only 2 tags?

Hard to say where the line is but would you of moved to MT if the public land was decreased by 50% in MT and MN had 10 million acres more of it with a herd of 50k elk?

It is hilarious to see people defend public lands, yet not see that it would be good for the overall public for those in the west to take a large reduction in these lands and open up more public lands closer to others in the country. Also everyone this affects could easily travel and experience the lands of the Midwest and East. Seems most are pro public as long as it’s to their benefit.

The only reason you say there are no points is because you would prefer the public be in your backyard and not someone elses. As fas as tag allocations go I’ve never said a state doesn‘t have a right to set these but if MT only had 200 tags to give out next year I expect them to all go to residents, there is a line there somewhere, no idea where, probably for most it’s where the reduction hits budgets.

If MT and WY wanted they could go 100% native resident and still most wouldn’t hunt moose, sheep and goat and they could do this without going through political suicide as the majority of hunters are native residents. Same could be done for LE elk and deer really.
Where's the line? Or would you like to just admit that you are a hypocrite?

Minnesota has a ton of public land, by the way.

bsnedeker

WKR
The difference is, MN didn't sell millions of dollars of preference points and use verbiage like "will guarantee you draw a tag eventually" just to move the goal posts and make it all but impossible to draw a tag.
Please show me any evidence whatsoever to back up the claim that they guaranteed a tag.

I'll wait.

tdhanses

WKR
Where's the line? Or would you like to just admit that you are a hypocrite?

Minnesota has a ton of public land, by the way.

Does it have 20 million acres?

Ok I‘m fine if you call me a hypocrite if you can’t understand the difference in having 100 elk in a state vs 120k and a state having the right to set who gets what, I may not like the choices states make but I’ve never once said it isn’t their right but I also know logic doesn’t apply the same to every situation.

tdhanses

WKR
Please show me any evidence whatsoever to back up the claim that they guaranteed a tag.

I'll wait.

Haha, copying Buzz now? In WY it was marketed that way for many years, not sure if you ever applied there or not, they have since changed the language on their website.

bsnedeker

WKR
Does it have 20 million acres?

Ok I‘m fine if you call me a hypocrite if you can’t understand the difference in having 100 elk in a state vs 120k and a state having the right to set who gets what.
Lol.... you can't even remotely justify your position so your response to me is just "if you don't get it I can't explain it." Pathetic.

bsnedeker

WKR
Haha, copying Buzz now? In WY it was marketed that way for many years, not sure if you ever applied there or not, they have since changed the language on their website.
Show me. If it was marketed that way for years should be easy to provide proof. nothing is ever deleted off the internet.

RMM

WKR

I'll wait.

"A preference point system will ultimately guarantee an applicant a license."- @Laramie

T
his quote was taken from another thread. I cant tell you exactly where it came from but according to the thread it was a direct quote from WYGF. It was used as evidence multiple times on that thread and was never refuted. Even by Buzz.

bsnedeker

WKR
"A preference point system will ultimately guarantee an applicant a license."- @Laramie

T
his quote was taken from another thread. I cant tell you exactly where it came from but according to the thread it was a direct quote from WYGF. It was used as evidence multiple times on that thread and was never refuted. Even by Buzz.
omg...lol! Good lord dude, read that to yourself!

bsnedeker

WKR
You can find it then if you really care.
Lol.... oh, it's my job to prove a negative huh? You think that's how stuff works? You make absurd claims and it's everyone else's job to prove that something doesn't exist?

Again, pathetic.

bsnedeker

WKR
I get what you're saying, but regardless if it was deleted, its not going to be found.
You know another reason it can't be found? Because it never happened!

If you can find proof that Wyoming said that you have a hell of a lawsuit on your hands. I'd get to work finding it, get that class action lawsuit together.

tdhanses

WKR

If you can find proof that Wyoming said that you have a hell of a lawsuit on your hands. I'd get to work finding it, get that class action lawsuit together.

Guess we’ll find out in time won’t we.

RMM

WKR

What part of, "If it was deleted its not going to be found" is confusing? Your strawman argument of "Nothing is ever deleted on the internet" is a little ridiculous. Post something on here, delete it, then try to find it for me. I'll wait.

go_deep

WKR

T

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"
Abraham Lincoln