Living in Rock Springs/Green River Wyo

c5mrr270

WKR
Hey guys I'm looking at a job in Rock Springs, Wyo and was wondering if some of the Wyoming rokslide members could give me some insight on what the town is like. I've been there before but its probably been 5 years and it was for an archery shoot so I wasn't there long.

Any info on recreation, schools and just life in general would be appreciated. Thanks,
c5

ssliger

WKR
I grew up in Rock Springs. Still have family there. There is a lot to do for recreation, fishing on the Green River, the Flaming Gorge. Tons of BLM to go out wheeling, hiking and such. The hunting is excellent, except for horrible draw odds. I'm not sure how the schools are now days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
I grew up in Rock Springs. I live in Utah now and would move back if I could

Thanks for the reply guys. mtnrunner, what part of Utah do you live in now.

Also are there any decent general deer and elk units nearby? You don't have to name any just a yes/no would be good. I don't want you guys giving up your secret spots :D

ssliger

WKR
The general areas that are close to Rock Springs have low deer density, with an occasional good deer. But your close enough to drive up to region G and H. General elk, you're looking at south of Rawlins, good elk hunting if you get away from the roads, tons of resident hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c5 are you asking about general areas in utah? Yes there are good spots near me. I live in ogden. Better deer hunting in terms of buck numbers and size in the south but harder to draw a tag. You can draw an archery tag anywhere up north with no points and rifle 2 out of 3 years.
For elk you have a couple general OTC units but consistent success is hard earned.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Thanks for the reply mtnrunner. I was asking about general units in Wyoming near rock springs.